Anyone else frustrated with their SO?

p0mpey

......so no one is going to acknowledge that not ALL men are apathetic to their SO's? :o

It's not that men are apathetic to there SO's, it just that men have the ability to watch football, read the newspaper, drink a beer, and talk to the DW all at the same time.

Bob (please don't tell the wife i said that)

I do all the cruise planning/booking/excursion research. My DW is more like "You booked ANOTHER one?!!!!! But we ALREADY have one scheduled." I just reply, "But honey, look at the great deal I got." She gets excited about them but I post more on Cruise Critic than she does. She does read through the posts though.

Then again I have traveled a good bit throughout my life. My dad was a cop so in the early 70's depending on which chief or sheriff you supported at election time depended on if you had a job when it was done. Then I joined the Marines and got moved around every 3 months or so during my time in. I then got into racing 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, and then jetskis which meant you traveled around a good bit.

My wife also traveled some growing up and then more when we got married with all of my racing. What is funny is listening to all the folks complain about their rooms aboard ship, etc. We just laugh and remember back to days where we slept in our vehicle, tents, on the floor at a race track, etc. Of course it helps that we both can sleep comfortably on a twin bed.

Dave

I have the solution! Why don't all of us get a group cruise going and leave the wet blankets at home? I think we'd have a great time together, and maybe next time the SO's who stayed at home might be a bit more anxious to help plan, cooperate and, in general, possibly actually EMOTE for once! Anyone else who might consider this?:D

It's not that men are apathetic to there SO's, it just that men have the ability to watch football, read the newspaper, drink a beer, and talk to the DW all at the same time.

I can do that, too. Although when DH goes to change the channel, I wake up and bark, "It's the fourth quarter! What are you doing!" Then I go back to sleep.:D

DH is as bad (or as good, depending on your perspective) as I am when it comes to planning and obsessing about cruises, which is why you see so danged many in my profile. We would have more, but we're booked as far out as the schedules go. He has the contact with the TA, although I'm the CC addict. We also agree on cabin location (aft all the way), late seating, and most excursions (I want to snorkel in Ketchikan; he thinks I'm nuts).

Bob, you were quoting two different posters awhile back, BTW.

I do all the Cruise Critic reading but he does all the planning. For years I wanted to take a cruise to Alaska. He was afraid of being seasick because he does have problems in a plane and in an automobile. Finally two years ago, he not only agreed but planned the trip including a suite on HAL. Since then, we still do land vacations (this year Hawaii and New England) but have cruised the Caribbean three times and Alaska again. And on top of that, he decided to teach a class in Hospitality Management, so we got to take 19 college students on Princess to the Caribbean and got expenses paid! Tomorrow we leave for Puerto Rico and our first cruise on AOS in a GS.

Life is good.

Nancy

I guess I'm married to a Saint. He works right along with me in deciding which cruise WE want to take, helps pick out the shore excursions, suggests that we go to the book store to look for books on our ports. The only thing he lets me do by myself, it find stuff in the internet. That is beyond him, but he reads anything I find.

He loves to cruise - as well as travel, so I am very lucky.......

......so no one is going to acknowledge that not ALL men are apathetic to their SO's? :o

I guess I will admit there are some men out there who appear to have exactly the traits I would like to clone. :) Oh well. At least my DH will do and go places and enjoy it while doing it. Guess we can't have everything - what a pity.

I have the solution! Why don't all of us get a group cruise going and leave the wet blankets at home? I think we'd have a great time together, and maybe next time the SO's who stayed at home might be a bit more anxious to help plan, cooperate and, in general, possibly actually EMOTE for once! Anyone else who might consider this?:D

Sounds like a plan to me. However I need some input on how to get more vacation time to do all these things I want to do. More money would be nice too :D

MY DH doesn't enjoy discussing cruising or other vacations during warm weather. Once the first cold night sets in, he is ready to go. Fortunately, last night was chilly so he is in cruise mode and ready for cruise talk. Soon we will be talking about our winter cruise every night. There is just something that happens to him between May and October that turns him off to vacation talk--unless it is about a getaway to the mountains for a weekend. I have yet to take a summer vacation--maybe when I retire. I meet so many on vacation that it makes me wonder why I don't take more time off myself to see the fun places close to home during the summer.

Well, he is good to go. Main thing is no kids and responsibilities for two whole weeks, 3 weekends. He is a pumped man. Unfortunately, the pumped man has already gone to bed in another room while I pack away and stress in our MBR. Lol. Leaving in a day and a half for the Jewel! Otherwise, he is very lowkey about the whole thing. However, when we booked this he had a huge grin on his face.

Archived