Can one book a Stingray Jetski tour from Pier

SteelerCruiser

I did a jet ski tour with Action Watersports. Cost was $110 for single rider on jet ski or $150 for 2 riders on 1 jet ski... Awesome time, and much more fun than taking a boat with a 50-75 people on board. They have a meeting point close to the tender dock, and provide transportation to and from the jet ski area located across the island from the tender area... First riding out to stingray city then a snorkeling stop on the way back...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just did the tour with Action Watersports last week while on our New Years Liberty of the Seas cruise. This is the third year that we have done this same tour. I went with my 16 year old son this year. The guides name is Leon. You can get transportation (5 bucks each way per person) from across the cruise port. I think the meeting place was the Iguana gift shop right next to the Hard Rock. It's about a 20 min ride to the holiday inn resort where they launch the jet skis. Make sure you have water shoes as the entry area is very rocky and will hurt your feet. The jet skis they use are about 2009-2010 Yamahas Crusiers with the governors removed so they go at a nice clip. The jet skis are getting old and long in the tooth, bumpers coming off, seats showing wear etc, Part of this is from how they have to line anchor them once you get out to Stingray city. It's about a 5-6 mile ride out which takes around 20-25 mins. The water was really choppy with 6-8 foot swells on our way out. We then went to starfish city instead of rum point beach as folks wanted to see the starfish instead of the beach. I will say that this is much, much more of a jet ski tour than snorkling. You are on the jet ski for at least 75 mins with a half hour at stingray city so not much time to snorkel. Also get a good pair of sunglasses with croakie straps that hold them onto your head, I just bought a pair of Costas Tuna alley and they were unbelievable on the water. Tour was so much fun. When tour is done, you can hang at the holiday inn pool area which never seems to be crowded. If you want you can get your own taxi back. The beach area where the jet skis are is nothing much. The ride back can be a long one depending on traffic and how many ships are in port that particular day. It took us almost 45 mins on the way back. If I can answer anything else for you just ask. We just went back after the tour and had lunch at a place called da fish shack right by the port area. It's right on the water with outdoor deck, iguanas walking around with fantastic views of the water and the cruise ships tendering.Expensive 40 bucks a person but so good if you like fresh fish...

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the detail!

I am currently talking to Action Watersports about booking the tour. We will be on the NCL Getaway and are in port from 8am to 4pm. They offered me either the A) 10am-12noon, or B)12noon to 2pm tours

If we picked A, that would give us ~2hours to do something in the morning, then tour from 10-12noon, leaving about 3.5 hours to do something else.

If we picked B, that would give us 4 hours to do something in the morning, then tour from 12-2pm, leaving about 1.5 hours to do something else.

We would ideally like to step foot on a nice (would 7mile work or another one) beach and grab some local seafood. Give than, any suggestion on which tour A or B to pick?

Thanks again!

So I heard back from them again, and they recommend we take option A, as the meeting time is 9:20am at the Blue Iguana.

They are offering to hook us up with Captain Marvin for the Hell and Turtle Farm Tour right after our JetSki tour - they will drop us off at the meeting point for that tour - I guess they are sister companies.

Anyone have any experience with the Hell and Turtle Farm Tour? It's being offered for an additional $30 per person. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Just did the tour with Action Watersports last week while on our New Years Liberty of the Seas cruise. This is the third year that we have done this same tour. I went with my 16 year old son this year. The guides name is Leon. You can get transportation (5 bucks each way per person) from across the cruise port. I think the meeting place was the Iguana gift shop right next to the Hard Rock. It's about a 20 min ride to the holiday inn resort where they launch the jet skis. Make sure you have water shoes as the entry area is very rocky and will hurt your feet. The jet skis they use are about 2009-2010 Yamahas Crusiers with the governors removed so they go at a nice clip. The jet skis are getting old and long in the tooth, bumpers coming off, seats showing wear etc, Part of this is from how they have to line anchor them once you get out to Stingray city. It's about a 5-6 mile ride out which takes around 20-25 mins. The water was really choppy with 6-8 foot swells on our way out. We then went to starfish city instead of rum point beach as folks wanted to see the starfish instead of the beach. I will say that this is much, much more of a jet ski tour than snorkling. You are on the jet ski for at least 75 mins with a half hour at stingray city so not much time to snorkel. Also get a good pair of sunglasses with croakie straps that hold them onto your head, I just bought a pair of Costas Tuna alley and they were unbelievable on the water. Tour was so much fun. When tour is done, you can hang at the holiday inn pool area which never seems to be crowded. If you want you can get your own taxi back. The beach area where the jet skis are is nothing much. The ride back can be a long one depending on traffic and how many ships are in port that particular day. It took us almost 45 mins on the way back. If I can answer anything else for you just ask. We just went back after the tour and had lunch at a place called da fish shack right by the port area. It's right on the water with outdoor deck, iguanas walking around with fantastic views of the water and the cruise ships tendering.Expensive 40 bucks a person but so good if you like fresh fish...

Great info . I hate crowds and was looking to book this tour to avoid the crowds at sting ray city . Was 30 min enough time in your opinion to interact with the Rays ?