Boarding Pass using Smart Phone???

CandyCruiser1106

I have never heard of using your smartphone for boarding pass, not that it may not be in the works. The only official CCL app is the Carnival HUB, and it is very limited right now, not fleet wide, so unless I am missing something, don't think you can use your phone right now.

I also received that email stating you can show your boarding pass on your phone.

They are just catching up with technology.

Airlines have been doing this for years.

To enter the port area, just show them the pass on your phone/tablet along with your ID/Passport.

It's a great way to save on all the paper used previously, too.

Yes they ask for a paper boarding pass.

But funny story-.

We got off B2B Caribbean cruise on Carnival Glory.

Then 1 day later flew to New york for a New England Cruise on Carnival Splendor.

When boarding Splendor I showed our boarding passes twice as we went though.

When we got to the desk I went to hand them over and was told don't worry we just need your passports.

OK. As i was putting them away I noticed I had been showing my Carnival Glory ones from 2 weeks ago.

So much for security. :p

Think it depends on the port and location.

For Long Beach it shouldn't be an issue for most of the pax checking in. Diamond/Platinum/Suite check in at the Little Building. The Blue Coats use your paper boarding pass as a line holder.

I have been using the boarding pass on my smart phone for a few years now. I only print luggage tags, nothing else -- all docs I might need are on my phone and / or iPad, either as a PDF or downloaded.

Never have had a problem.

I have been using the boarding pass on my smart phone for a few years now. I only print luggage tags, nothing else -- all docs I might need are on my phone and / or iPad, either as a PDF or downloaded.

Never have had a problem.

I do the same thing. Except for the luggage tags - I don't print those either.

We just returned from the Pride and the other person that was in the VIP lounge with us tried to use his boarding pass on his smartphone. He apparently struggled to get into the terminal and a supervisor had to intervene to get him past the front door. He was FTTF (hence being in the lounge) and still had to do the paperwork since he did not have a paper pass. I love technology and using it when I travel, but until Baltimore's embark staff are trained better (they don't work for CCL), I'll continue to print all of my docs.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

OP, are you sailing our of Galveston?

Carnival is in the process of "testing" a new staggered check in, I know it is being implemented in Galveston. Anyhoo, it is required that you bring either a paper boarding pass or be able to show on your smart phone your boarding pass. Also, you cannot arrive early to port, you must arrive at your designated time, unless FTTF, Platinum or Diamond. If you arrive early, you will be denied entrance to the terminal.