Just Back from MSC Fantasia

kevg1889

We just got home from our first ever cruise aboard the MSC Fantasia, and we have had the most amazing wonderful week. The ship is absolutely beautiful, with great staff and the ports of call were stunning. I will be putting a full review on very shortly, once I have sorted which of the 1300 pictures that I took can be used. If anyone has any questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

We just got home from our first ever cruise aboard the MSC Fantasia, and we have had the most amazing wonderful week. The ship is absolutely beautiful, with great staff and the ports of call were stunning. I will be putting a full review on very shortly, once I have sorted which of the 1300 pictures that I took can be used. If anyone has any questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

Do you remember the name of the shows? I'm curious if they are still the same ones i watched august last year so i know what to expect for my next cruise in feb!

We staeted with the Michael Jackson show "Starwalker" then Zorro. Next came Tribute, which was an excellent operatic show, before Sogno Italiano which was all Italian songs. The next night it was Parfum D'Orient which was a French can-can show. There was no show on Thursday as we were in Palma at night and then on the Friday it was Tin Tin but we missed that one as we were late getting back from Barcelona. We loved all thge shows, and there will be pictures in my upcoming review.

Hi Mr Joe I don't really know what the key cards used to be like but they contained our name, room number, ship, dates on board, package (i.e. Fantastica) dining room, sitting & table number, internet ID, assembly station & ship emergency number. There was also a welcome card number and the barcode. Hope this helps, I've got a photo somewhere that I will put on my trip report which I have just started.

Hi Mr Joe I don't really know what the key cards used to be like but they contained our name, room number, ship, dates on board, package (i.e. Fantastica) dining room, sitting & table number, internet ID, assembly station & ship emergency number. There was also a welcome card number and the barcode. Hope this helps, I've got a photo somewhere that I will put on my trip report which I have just started.

Thanks!!

Did your cabin bathroom have a shower curtain or glass door? There have been some different recollections of this. Also, did it seem as if the ship has had any recent refits or is it starting to show its age and wear and tear? Was Naples one of the posts of call and did you have a full day there or only from 11 to 6? I will be doing a similar itinerary and am wondering if there will be enough time spent at that port or if it will be rushed. Looking forward to your review!

The shower had a curtain but it was certainly never any problem or inconvenience, and the shower was always consistently hot. I don't know if there have been any refits but you would think the ship was brand new, there is not a bad or dirty spot on it anywhere, I've never seen so much cleaning going on consistently even in top 5 star hotels. As you can read in my review, we did not have too long in Naples which was why we took the MSC excursion to Pompeii (which was excellent by the way) But our table mates went around Naples no problem. There was an issue with a ferry back from Capri, as you can read in my review that held the sail away up a bit, which could have been a disaster if you was doing an excursion yourself, as they only hold up the ship for their own excursions. Believe me, the ship and the itinerary are both wonderful & I'd go again tomorrow if I could, it was one of the best weeks of my life

The shower had a curtain but it was certainly never any problem or inconvenience, and the shower was always consistently hot. I don't know if there have been any refits but you would think the ship was brand new, there is not a bad or dirty spot on it anywhere, I've never seen so much cleaning going on consistently even in top 5 star hotels. As you can read in my review, we did not have too long in Naples which was why we took the MSC excursion to Pompeii (which was excellent by the way) But our table mates went around Naples no problem. There was an issue with a ferry back from Capri, as you can read in my review that held the sail away up a bit, which could have been a disaster if you was doing an excursion yourself, as they only hold up the ship for their own excursions. Believe me, the ship and the itinerary are both wonderful & I'd go again tomorrow if I could, it was one of the best weeks of my life

Thank you. So glad you enjoyed the cruise, your review is wonderful! I am thinking too that it would be best to do the Pompeii excursion the ship offers. I am hoping that I would have a little bit of time to see the area of Naples near the port. Were you able to have any free time there after the tour? Will be looking forward to the rest of your great review. I am excited now for my cruise which is not until May.