Carnival - carry on 1.5L of wine instead of 2x750ml?

draco_m

Carnival policy is each adult passenger can carry on a 750ml bottle of wine.

Any issue with my wife and I carrying on one 1.5L box of wine (classy!) instead?

The reason I prefer the box wine is it is better for the environment and it comes in a plastic bag so the wine stays good after opening it because the bag collapses so the wine is not exposed to air.

Carnival policy is each adult passenger can carry on a 750ml bottle of wine.

Any issue with my wife and I carrying on one 1.5L box of wine (classy!) instead?

The reason I prefer the box wine is it is better for the environment and it comes in a plastic bag so the wine stays good after opening it because the bag collapses so the wine is not exposed to air.

Is the box a 750 ml bottle or less? Then, no.

Yeah, well, here it is in a nutshell. There will be a few who will post that they do it all the time and have had no problems. Others will post that they have tried it and the port folks took their box from them. No one can speak from authority on what will happen, only on what DID happen in THEIR case.

So here is what you CAN take to the bank. The rules state that you can only take 1 750 ml bottle person. So by the rules, you cannot take a box with you. However, you should feel free to try it if you don't mind getting your box taken and going on the cruise with no wine.

The only true advice you are going to get is that you might get it through and you might not. Sorry.

Bob

Yeah, well, here it is in a nutshell. There will be a few who will post that they do it all the time and have had no problems. Others will post that they have tried it and the port folks took their box from them. No one can speak from authority on what will happen, only on what DID happen in THEIR case.

So here is what you CAN take to the bank. The rules state that you can only take 1 750 ml bottle person. So by the rules, you cannot take a box with you. However, you should feel free to try it if you don't mind getting your box taken and going on the cruise with no wine.

The only true advice you are going to get is that you might get it through and you might not. Sorry.

Bob

This is it in a nutshell. A few times I actually carried on a 4L JUG of wine in BOTH my and DH'es carry on. They never even looked at it....I had it wrapped and they looked at the screw top. And a few times I had the 750 ml bottle and they took it out and inspected it like it was a nuclear weapon. :eek::confused: So it's a crap shoot.

I have seen a very upset couple having their 1.5 L wine bottle confiscated. Their argument that it was exactly the same as two 750 mL bottles was not being accepted, although I didn't stick around to find out what happened when they asked to speak with a supervisor. Like others have said, you might get through and you might not.

Bob

I'd go with Bob on this one. :D We got flack over taking 12 750mL bottles for 12 sailing wedding guests. We were all together and it was too difficult for them to count the number of people vs. the number of bottles. We had to hand them out to go through screening and then recollect them to get them back onboard (we had a rolling case).

I'd go with Bob on this one. :D We got flack over taking 12 750mL bottles for 12 sailing wedding guests. We were all together and it was too difficult for them to count the number of people vs. the number of bottles. We had to hand them out to go through screening and then recollect them to get them back onboard (we had a rolling case).

Yup. I'm going with Bob for sure. Two 750ml bottles for draco and mrs. draco!

I have seen a very upset couple having their 1.5 L wine bottle confiscated. Their argument that it was exactly the same as two 750 mL bottles was not being accepted, although I didn't stick around to find out what happened when they asked to speak with a supervisor. Like others have said, you might get through and you might not.

I REALLY don't understand WHY CCL makes a big deal over this...:rolleyes:

Oh, for crying out loud...seems so silly!