Exploring Jamaica to Ecuador.

drron29

So on to the third snorkelling site.The swell was bigger here and my snorkel kept dislodging itself from the mask.I knew I was tiring so decided to head back to the boat.looked around and saw a boat so headed to it.But the wrong boat.of course it was white and ours blue so I did feel a little stupid.now I was exhausted so waited till our boat got there.Had everyone worried but I had pulled out at just the right moment.

So the last underwater shots-

DSC02596-001.JPG.DSC02645.JPG.

DSC02644.JPG.

It was obvious I should sit out the 4th spot so took a few shots of the coast-

DSC02646.JPG.DSC02647.JPG.

DSC02650.JPG.

When the others came aboard because the conditions had got worse we headed for the beach in those photos.one of the other excursions was to the beach-

DSC02652.JPG.DSC02653.JPG.

DSC02654.JPG.

After a drink at the bar we got back in our boat and headed back to the sheltered side of the island and to the harbour.A few shots on the way-

DSC02655.JPG.DSC02657.JPG.

DSC02659.JPG.

DSC08871.JPG.DSC08872.JPG.

DSC08874.JPG.

We met back onboard for lunch.the spicy food on this cruise has been excellent.usually pretty insipid but the spicy pumpkin and sweet potato soup,chilli con carne and the Szechuan beef were all very good today.

Spent the afternoon sorting photos but must have been a little tired as I found these of our early morning arrival at Isla de Providencia out of sequence.But better late than never-

DSC06914.JPG.

DSC06910.JPG.DSC06912.JPG.

I did like the modern coast guard vessel!

That evening was the farewell Cocktail party even though 2 more days to go.We dined alone and enjoyed the crab timbale,foie gras,coconut sorbet and vegetable lasagne washed down with some nice French wine.We retired early.

Friday arrived and we reached Pueto Limon,Costa Rica.You have got to like a country that abolishes it's Army.It did so in 1949 after a short civil War.In 2012 it abolished recreational hunting.

Ivan the Security Officer who checks you off and on the Explorer is from Costa Rica and told of the accessibility of their wildlife.He proved to be right.But first our arrival-

DSC06950.JPG.

DSC06948.JPG.DSC06951.JPG.

DSC06953.JPG.DSC06957.JPG.

DSC06958.JPG.

Edited by drron29

Although it was overcast it was dry as we boarded the busses to go to our "canal" cruise.But as soon as we were underway the heavens opened.The canals are actually branches of rivers that run just behind the coast line-

DSC06974.JPG.DSC06975.JPG.

DSC06978.JPG.DSC06980.JPG.

DSC06981.JPG.DSC06982.JPG.

We arrived at our destination and the rain stopped.we were taking a "cruise" along a canal.houses and businesses were along one bank.I felt we were in for a boring time.How wrong I was.Here is our boat and then the flora and fauna-

DSC06983.JPG.DSC06984.JPG.

DSC06985.JPG.DSC06986.JPG.

DSC06989.JPG.DSC06991.JPG.

At the end of the cruise we had lunch there.Typical costa Rican fare-ribs washed down with the right sized bottle of amber liquid-

DSC07071.JPG.DSC07070.JPG.

They also had some very nice crafts which caught Rojaan's eye.But then it was off to an animal rescue centre and botanic garden past the commercial port and evidence of large scale agriculture-

DSC07072.JPG.DSC07073.JPG.

DSC07074.JPG.DSC07075.JPG.