Not arriving until 2am?

hartskys

You could. I guess. What time does embark begin and what time do you sail? I would probably want to get a hotel and grab a little bit of sleep before you get on your ship(Even if it's for 5-6 hours). The lack of sleep over 2 days might throw your body off and it might take you a couple of days to start feeling the same again. Not very good if it's a port intensive cruise.

First time leaving from San Juan.

We will not be arriving until 2am. Is it possible to hang out at the airport and eat breakfast then go right to the ship?

I have been told by someone who lives in SJ that there is no place to eat or sit after baggage claim. I get in at 6 am, will pick something up at my departure airport and hope to get a coffee on my flight.

I have been told by someone who lives in SJ that there is no place to eat or sit after baggage claim. I get in at 6 am, will pick something up at my departure airport and hope to get a coffee on my flight.

That is probably wise. I had the misfortune of an early-morning flight from SJU a few months back and it was pretty desolate in my concourse before 7 AM - nothing open at all.

That is probably wise. I had the misfortune of an early-morning flight from SJU a few months back and it was pretty desolate in my concourse before 7 AM - nothing open at all.

And I thought FLL was my least favorite airport.....SJU is now.

We were thinking we could do the same thing but now our flight has been changed and we are getting in at 10 p.m. the night before. Decided to stay at the Posada San Francisco in Old San Juan since it is just for the night. We will be exploring the city the next day and then staying at a nicer hotel in Condado for the night before our cruise. $60 for a private room and it will be nice to get some sleep after traveling all day. They have good reviews on trip advisor.