Elegant night - Marine dress blues?

Fivehole

I would imagine your son would be the best person to ask this question to, as he should know the answer. Have him look through the appropriate reg to know for sure.

I assume he does know the answer, although I am not able to communicate with him right now due to his location. This is just "mom" asking! Thank you for your service!

Is it appropriate for my Marine son to wear his dress blues on Elegant night? Would love to get a family picture with him in his "blues".

Yes, he can. However, he cannot wear his medals. Only the ribbons. Medals are only for "special" formal occasions, but then he should already know this.

Please thank your son for his service.

Our son is a Marine as well. :D

I assume he does know the answer, although I am not able to communicate with him right now due to his location. This is just "mom" asking! Thank you for your service!

As a former Naval officer, I knew that if he didn't know, he's surely smart enough to ask his Gunny. I was just trying to assure you (as I know what mothers go through for their kids: my wife is still calling the three of them (27-36) her babies, and tries to do everything for them :o)).