Oasis gratuities question

I haven't been on a Royal cruise in at least 3 years so things might have changed since then. I will be traveling in May on the Oasis (first time on this ship!) and wondering what are they doing with gratuities now? My last cruise we had them take the charge off our account and we paid everyone in envelopes. I have found some people don't do their job very well and other do wonderful so I like to decide if someone gets less or more.

Anyways do they still do the envelope thing? I just wondered always what happened to the cash everyone made vs prepaid (yes i understand now everyone gets paid fairly and no passengers can skip paying). I liked knowing I was making sure those employees were getting their money.

I haven't been on a Royal cruise in at least 3 years so things might have changed since then. I will be traveling in May on the Oasis (first time on this ship!) and wondering what are they doing with gratuities now? My last cruise we had them take the charge off our account and we paid everyone in envelopes. I have found some people don't do their job very well and other do wonderful so I like to decide if someone gets less or more.

Anyways do they still do the envelope thing? I just wondered always what happened to the cash everyone made vs prepaid (yes i understand now everyone gets paid fairly and no passengers can skip paying). I liked knowing I was making sure those employees were getting their money.

You can go to the front desk and have the gratuities removed. On the last day there were some envelopes in my stateroom that you could use as tipping. For me, personally, I always do prepaid grats and then just tip extra to the people I chose too. For me, in the grand scheme of things the $75.00 is just not that big of a deal....

Nowadays, they simply add the tips to your account...that way, everyone who is supposed to be tipped, gets what's due them, with NO effort on your part. You can always give more, if you think it's warranted. If you have issues...take care of it then and there....no need to stiff anyone, if you can get the issue corrected. That's a rare occurrence.

The folks serving your WILL get their tips...no worries!