Suite perks?

Nix111

Hi

I've seen the post below about butlers which was very useful, just a quick question as we are on Britannia for Xmas & New Year, we have freedom dining but can our butler reserve our tables for Christmas Day & New Year? Also are there any other perks eg reserved us beds on deck or seats in the theatre like on RCI?

I won't be asking my butler to unpack, I'd have to buy a whole new set if smalls :)

Thanks in advance for any advice

Nicky

I'm new on here but we've always had a butler on P&O. I doubt he can reserve you a table in freedom dining.He definitely can't reserve sunbeds or seats in the theatre.( I wish).:cool:

On Christmas Day and NYE they do not have freedom and everyone has to go and arrange a time to dine.

I suspect the Butler would do that for you.

On Christmas Day and NYE they do not have freedom and everyone has to go and arrange a time to dine.

I suspect the Butler would do that for you.

I wasn't aware of that having never been on a Christmas cruise. I've no doubt you're right the butler would arrange a time for you to dine in that case.

Hi

I've seen the post below about butlers which was very useful, just a quick question as we are on Britannia for Xmas & New Year, we have freedom dining but can our butler reserve our tables for Christmas Day & New Year? Also are there any other perks eg reserved us beds on deck or seats in the theatre like on RCI?

I won't be asking my butler to unpack, I'd have to buy a whole new set if smalls :)

Thanks in advance for any advice

Nicky

Hello Nicky,

Unfortunately, the suite 'perks' on P&O do no operate the same way as on RCI & therefore there are no separate areas for sunbathing / beds & or in the theatre etc.

Joan

Frankly a lot depends on your butler. I have had to play tug and war with mine once as he wanted to take our towels up and find a sunbed for us, i thought that was a bit much, can you imagine trawling around the sun deck with butler leading the way! Another time we decided to get a tray in the grab and go, butler said I will come with you and hold the tray, can you imagine the other passengers faces in the queue! On another occasion on arrival in Barbados where you have to queue to go through immigration, Butler said he would queue and when I arrived at the designated time he was waiting at the head of the queue and I just took his place.

I could go on, but as I said it really does depend on the butler.

Vicky

-------------------------------------------------------------------

114 P&O cruises, 10 in pipeline

It all sounds so lovely, but I'm afraid I just couldn't cope with having a butler... I would just not be comfortable with it.

It won't ever be an issue though as my holiday budget couldn't stretch to a Suite anyway.......

Yes your butler will book your Xmas and New Year table for you - ours has done this the past 2 years and after hearing about the queuing to do this you'll be really pleased with this perk - Enjoy your Xmas cruise :)

Frankly a lot depends on your butler. I have had to play tug and war with mine once as he wanted to take our towels up and find a sunbed for us' date=' i thought that was a bit much, can you imagine trawling around the sun deck with butler leading the way! Another time we decided to get a tray in the grab and go, butler said I will come with you and hold the tray, can you imagine the other passengers faces in the queue! On another occasion on arrival in Barbados where you have to queue to go through immigration, Butler said he would queue and when I arrived at the designated time he was waiting at the head of the queue and I just took his place.

I could go on, but as I said it really does depend on the butler.

Vicky

-------------------------------------------------------------------

114 P&O cruises, 10 in pipeline[/quote']

Love your post, really made me smile.

Makes me want a butler now (if I was upgraded to a suite obv.). Didnt think Id need one before but I want the one you had :D.

Thanks for the replies! Delighted to hear the butler can help with dinners! We probably won't use him much but it's a nice little perk :) I'll be live blogging our cruise on my cruising blog http://www.cruisemuses.blog.co.uk so if anyone has any questions or wants photos of anything specific on board or menus etc just shout. Nicky