4 day Carnival Paradise

Knight93

Hi everyone.

My boyfriend and I just booked a four day cruise to Cozumel on the Paradise as our birthday/Christmas/anniversary/valentines day gifts to each other (we're broke college students). We leave on January 28, but I've been seeing a lot about the lack of lobster and I'm extremely disturbed by this. Can anyone confirm that I will not be able to order lobster on elegant night? :(

Also, any recommendations for must do's in Cozumel?

Thanks!

You will not get lobster on a 4 day cruise. However you can purchase it in the MDR off the steakhouse menu. I think it is 20 bucks extra. It is far superior to the regular lobster they serve in the MDR. As for Cozumel, a beach day is always very nice and can be done on the cheap. Get a cab and tell him to take you to a beach. Chankanab or Paradise Beach is very nice. You can go to the ports board and do a little research on things to do in Cozumel.

I concur. You can get lobster with the upcharge in the dining room, but if you're on a budget and can't afford it, don't let it ruin your vacay!

Cozumel on the cheap is easy. Take a cab out to Paradise Beach ($17 each way for 4 people, so try to find someone in line to share the cab with you). $3 pp entry free includes loungers, chairs, umbrellas, pool (fantastic pool). They just ask that you spend $10 in food/drinks, but what's the beach without a little liquid refreshment :)

Have a blast!

Drats! thanks everyone, I was really looking forward to ordering as much lobster as I could eat. Carnivals budget cuts are pretty unimpressive.

Thanks for your beach suggestions! I've been doing a little research on excursions through third parties. Does anyone have a trustworthy site they've booked Cozumel excursions through?

hey Knight93! You are booked on the same sailing we are! :) Yes lobster on the 4 day cruise is gone..( I'm not a fan, hubby is ) ... I love the Paradise! Have you sailed her before? We just sailed her in July..I love Cozumel...I booked the jeep tour with Cozumelcruiseexcursions.net for myself and hubby. We LOVED it..I think it was 69 bucks each back then...we tipped our driver 40 bucks..he was awesome! Just be aware that during the week you must drive the jeep out of town then your driver can take over..( taxi unions caused this ) if you have any questions I don't mind helping..

hey Knight93! You are booked on the same sailing we are! :) Yes lobster on the 4 day cruise is gone..( I'm not a fan, hubby is ) ... I love the Paradise! Have you sailed her before? We just sailed her in July..I love Cozumel...I booked the jeep tour with Cozumelcruiseexcursions.net for myself and hubby. We LOVED it..I think it was 69 bucks each back then...we tipped our driver 40 bucks..he was awesome! Just be aware that during the week you must drive the jeep out of town then your driver can take over..( taxi unions caused this ) if you have any questions I don't mind helping..

No, I haven't been on the Paradise OR to Cozumel before, so I'm pretty stoked. This will actually only be my second cruise in my adult life. I was on the Sensation last December, and from what I understand they're pretty similar? Anyway, after constant research the past few days, I actually booked the jeep tour through cozumel cruise excursions! Since the reviews were so amazing, I decided it was a must do.

We also got some great news, my brother and his girlfriend (who doubles as my best friend) will be joining us! I'm getting so excited about it that the lack of lobster is almost not important..... almost.

Thanks for your beach suggestions! I've been doing a little research on excursions through third parties. Does anyone have a trustworthy site they've booked Cozumel excursions through?

I wouldn't even use a site to book an excursion, if you are just planning a beach day (even to an AI). Taxis are easy to get, just walk through the shopping area to the taxi stand. They have the prices listed on a big board and they will take you where you wish to go.

Visit the port of call forum for Cozumel. You'll find lots of great information there about all of the things to do.

Have a great cruise!!

Knight93 just wanted to say if you are driving to port..you can prepay via the tampa bay port authority...click on cruises...you'll see the parking link on the left hand side..it's 60 bucks for the four days but I just consider that part of the cost of the cruise...you have to be able to print a PDF...your ticket to park comes via email. We used this in July and it was fast and easy. Also did you get FTTF? I did, I don't travel without it..it's 50 bucks under excursions ( Tampa port) but if anyone in your party can't wait for long periods of time, has physical limitations this is a must. We haven't sailed without it since they started offering it. Hubby has back and shoulder pain and can't sit or stand for long periods of time so this has been a God send...plus getting our luggage faster and moving to the front of the line at guest services is the bomb. That's all I can think of right now! :D

Knight93 just wanted to say if you are driving to port..you can prepay via the tampa bay port authority...click on cruises...you'll see the parking link on the left hand side..it's 60 bucks for the four days but I just consider that part of the cost of the cruise...you have to be able to print a PDF...your ticket to park comes via email. We used this in July and it was fast and easy. Also did you get FTTF? I did, I don't travel without it..it's 50 bucks under excursions ( Tampa port) but if anyone in your party can't wait for long periods of time, has physical limitations this is a must. We haven't sailed without it since they started offering it. Hubby has back and shoulder pain and can't sit or stand for long periods of time so this has been a God send...plus getting our luggage faster and moving to the front of the line at guest services is the bomb. That's all I can think of right now! :D

Thank you for all your advice. My parents actually live about 20 minutes from the port so my lovely mother is going to drop us off so we don't have to worry about parking. I don't think we have any need for FTTF, so I think we'll go ahead and save that $100 (we have two cabins) as we're all broke 20-somethings lol. Last December on the Sensation we didn't have FTTF and it was not a big deal. The only slightly annoying thing was dragging all of our luggage around with us until the room was ready, but that's not worth the $50 IMO.

I just saw this thread. I don't have anything else to add except to have a great time! We sailed the Paradise in February and loved it. I've heard the ship was upgraded right after our cruise so I'd love to hear what you think about the ship when you're back. Enjoy!!

I just saw this thread. I don't have anything else to add except to have a great time! We sailed the Paradise in February and loved it. I've heard the ship was upgraded right after our cruise so I'd love to hear what you think about the ship when you're back. Enjoy!!

That's so sweet thank you so much! I've heard there weren't any big changes, but I'll let you know what we thought of it when we get back in February!

That's so sweet thank you so much! I've heard there weren't any big changes, but I'll let you know what we thought of it when we get back in February!

The paradise was my last cruise! (Maybe a couple years ago but still!) We rented a keep ourselves and drove around the island, it was one of the best days of my life! I actually did a review (that I didnt quite finish) somewhere on cruise critic.

You are gonna love it!

If you wanna read it. Also, it looks like the lobster wasn't even that great...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1802171

Edited by Vigorosity

The paradise was my last cruise! (Maybe a couple years ago but still!) We rented a keep ourselves and drove around the island, it was one of the best days of my life! I actually did a review (that I didnt quite finish) somewhere on cruise critic.

You are gonna love it!

If you wanna read it. Also, it looks like the lobster wasn't even that great...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1802171

Thank you, I did read it! I love reading cruise reviews (especially when I have homework piled up that I should be doing :o ) and seeing people's pictures regardless of what cruise they were on! To me, even bad lobster is better than no lobster at all, but it's a sacrifice I guess I'll have to make! lol