Star Princess

crimlawwpb

Yes, We sailed on one of it's first sailings and loved it. It's a beautiful ship. The Italian restaurant was great but be prepared to stay about 2 2/12 hours - it's a nice, leisurely meal. When we were aboard the entertainment was great. In regards to cabins, we booked outside/ob

We'll be sailing next April (so far away!) - we've sailed on both the Grand and the Golden so I'm sure there won't be any major surprises. We liked the (new) Eastern itinerary and got a GREAT price for a balcony. Now to just sit tight for a year... Gene

crimlawwpb,

whether or not people can look down on you depends on which the deck and sometimes location. Which cabin to you have?

1972 - Song of Norway, Caribbean

1980 - Hawaii American Curise line, Tahiti

09/01/2002 - Veendam, Alaska

05/29/2003 - Pacific Princess, Alaska

11/26/2003 - Star Princess, Australia/New Zealand

5/28/2004 - Star Princess, Venice to Barcelona

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;28;21;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

11/06/2004 - Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;06;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We were on the Plaza deck last September to the Mexican Riviera. Since we had small children, we really love the carpeted corridor outside our cabins. It was wider than most corridors on the ship because we didn't have any doors (to other cabins) across the way, so the kids were able to run around outside our cabin. We had 2 toddlers who didn't walk very well then....so it was very safe for them to learn to walk in that corridor. We were concerned that our kids' noises would bother other passengers, but I don't think anyone was around from 10am-6pm. Everyone was out of their cabins having fun. We had inside cabins (so no windows).

The only drawback is that you can hear the sounds from the stage above if you were in the corridors. We can't really hear much noise from above sitting in our room.

They had a great kids' program.

They had great food.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

HTH.

Jennifer

9/27/03 Star Princess to Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;9;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

crimlawwpd - are you asking me about Princess? If so, yes there are plenty of reasons we keep coming back to Princess after a brief flirtation with RCI (very good, would go with them again if the price was right) and Carnival (yuck). I don't want to hijack this thread though so e-mail me if you want my biased opinion why Princess is so great! Gene

We've been on the Star, Grand, and Golden Princess. I think the Star was my overall favorite--but probably because we went on it to Alaska.

We have enjoyed all four of our Princess cruises. We would go on Celebrity or Royal Caribbean again. We haven't been on HAL, but I think we'd like it too.

Hi there,

we have cruised on the Star twice now, once to Mexico for a week and then nearly 3 weeks cruising Australia to Bangkok in February just gone.

We LOVE..... icon_smile.gif the Star, she's just beautiful, the crew were great, the food was wonderful, and we had the best time...both times!!! The entertainment was very good also.

We have booked another 3 weeker for 10 months time, if the Star had been doing the same cruise, we would have cruised on her again, but this time it is the Sapphire, which I'm sure will be just as great.

You will have a fabulous time on this ship, so much to do, and such lovely surroundings.

Some balconies are overlooked, but some are half covered, and others fully covered, depending on the grade of balcony or mini that you have picked.

Regards

S&D

icon_smile.gif

7bdolph.gif

Star Princess Sept 2002 Mexican Riviera

Star Princess February 2004 Asia

Sapphire Princess March 2005 Asia

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;3;7;21;00;00&timezone=GMT+1000

BBC's...Bangkok or Bust Cruisers...Sydney/Bkk

I went on the Star Princess back in April 2002 to Mexico. It's a beautiful ship. The entertainment and service are excellent. I would definitely give it a try. In fact, we're looking into sailing on the Star again in January 2005.

~~

"What ever floats your boat!"

My Cruise Webpage

01/05 - Star Princess or Navigator (undecided)

Vision of the Seas 01/04

Star Princess 04/02

Song of America 01/98

Hi there again,

go to

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/galleryships.htm

Here is the STAR.... and....

A huge list of ships is there, with the BEST pics of all over the ships, cabins, pools etc., have fun!!!

Regards

S&D

icon_smile.gif

7bdolph.gif

Star Princess Sept 2002 Mexican Riviera

Star Princess February 2004 Asia

Sapphire Princess March 2005 Asia

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;3;7;21;00;00&timezone=GMT+1000

BBC's...Bangkok or Bust Cruisers...Sydney/Bkk

Archived