The fantastic gift RCI gave everyone on board Anthem's inaugural transatlantic

Turtles06

My spouse and I returned yesterday from Anthem's inaugural transatlantic, an 8-night crossing from Southampton to Cape Liberty. The ship is stunningly beautiful with some of the most extraordinary public spaces we've ever seen, and we had a great time (despite some very disappointing food service and food quality issues). I'll be posting a detailed review, but the following made us laugh, and I just wanted to put this up now.

During the sailing, we frequently commented to each other how odd it seemed that no one associated with the ship or RCI had even mentioned that this was Anthem's first crossing of the Atlantic, a rather big deal in our minds but clearly not in Royal's. You'd never have known anything special was happening -- that a ship was being taken across an ocean, to a new continent, for the very first time. (It seemed to us that RCI was more concerned with just getting the ship to Bayonne and promoting the ship in the new market.)

Then, on our last day before disembarkation, we returned to our cabins to find our disembarkation info and luggage tags, along with this "certificate," printed on thin, plain photocopy paper (not even something nice like stock paper), and already wrinkled. The cheesiness made us laugh. Really, Royal, is this the best you could do? :)

Certificate%20of%20First%20TA%20Sailing_zpszhmatkmu.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Totally agree that the flimsy paper these were printed on made us just laugh. At least some nice card stock?