Sailing Star on Sunday, Nov 8 - any questions?

mousecrazy

We have always sailed from NY with its wonderful views and going under the bridge. This will be our first time sailing from Tampa. Thanks for the info about the Skyway Bridge( we will be looking out for it). Is there anything else not to miss when sailing out of Tampa?? Or even anything not to miss in Tampa?

Thanks for any info

Safe sailing

Depends on what your tastes are while visiting Tampa and if you are arriving early or staying after the cruise. The Gulf beaches are very nice even though the water is not as clear as you'll see in the Caribbean.

Just after leaving the pier, there are large paintings on the storage tanks off the port side of the ship.

Edited by cruzincurt

We've been on several out of Tampa that go under the bridge between 7:00 - 7:30. Seems to take 2 - 2 1/2 hours after leaving the pier.

The captain made an announcement about 10 minutes before we went under the bridge. It was about 6:30pm. Even thought it was dark it was still very cool to see. ImageUploadedByForums1448218658.794615.jpg.b9384b2bea1763925516a7ac565b08de.jpg

The captain made an announcement about 10 minutes before we went under the bridge. It was about 6:30pm. Even thought it was dark it was still very cool to see. [ATTACH]369325[/ATTACH]

All depends on what time the ship departs, 4:00 or 5:00 plus about 2 1/2 hours.

I've been in a position to actually be driving over the bridge as a cruise ship sails beneath.

Thanks for the info on going under the bridge time. My guess of two and a half hours was about right. I haven't sailed from Tampa for about five years now, since we usually go from Ft Lauderdale or Miami for the newer ships. From where I live we frequently see the cruise ships go by, in fact I was just out there looking for the Star, but wasn't sure what time it had left today as was out with friends. It's nicer when it stays light out later, then can get a much better look. In Tampa, you might want to visit the aquarium near the pier or Ybor City. If you get time, a drive south about an hour over the Skyway bridge brings you over to Manatee county and out to our beautiful beaches of Anna Maria, we get tons of tourists!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so glad my posts are encouraging you. As many have said before...life is what you make it...and vacation time is no different! I truly hope you enjoy the Star in 20 days!

We are going in the Star on Dec 13 and would appreciate you sharing the names of the captain and any other officers you might have. We like to bring them personalized gifts. Thanks so much

Thanks so much for posting this thread! We will be on Star 12/20 and with all the negative reports, I was worried.

So glad you had a good cruise and again, thanks for sharing your experience. I feel better about the Star!