Belize or Cozumel?

blonde375

Having never been to Belize and to Cozumel about 20 years ago, I'm wondering which port is better for which activity. The boys haven't experienced either activity before so I thought doing one in Belize and the other in Cozumel.

Snorkeling/sailing tour

Zip lining or ruins

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 16yr old boys)

TIA!!

Per my reply on your other post, Belize for the snorkeling to the Barrier Reef (2nd largest in the world).

Just adding .... If you want to see a Mayan Ruins, Cozumel would be best for doing that.

Look forward to having a great cruise. :)

LuLu

Ziplining in Belize is great. You can also do cave tubing, but I really enjoyed the ziplining followed by lunch at the restaurant there.

Cozumel has only minor Mayan ruins. You can take an excursion to better ones on the mainland but it's a very long day.

Thanks everyone! The boys (our son and his best friend) are expressing interest in zip lining and cave tubing so I guess we might have to do that in Belize and water/beach in Cozumel

Anyone been able to do zip lining in morning (with a private tour) and still make it to Goffs Caye (or anywhere) for snorkeling?

Ship is in 9am to 6pm and tendered

Yes for the best ruins while in Coz you'd want to go to the Yucatan Peninsula which would be a full day. However a popular excursion (through the ship or on your own with an independent operator) is the Tulum ruins and snorkeling at Xcaret or Xel ha. That way you get the ruins and snorkeling in and can do the zip lining at Belize.

The Palancar reef off Coz is also an opportunity for good snorkeling if you decide to snorkel on that stop and zip line in Belize.

Zip lining is best on Belize, which also has spectacular ruins.

For sailing options, Belize is probably the better option with a sail and snorkel at Goff's Caye or another Caye. If you choose that option you could opt for the Tulum/Xcaret excursion from Coz.