Century -- Aft Penthouse Desk Century Suite?

Kaylas Mom

I am about to book us on a 5 night Century cruise for Easter 2007. Long after the major renovations. I am looking at the Century Suites which seem to all be aft on the Penthouse Deck.

Has anyone stayed in one?

Is it better to be in the middle or off to the side (or does it really matter?)

Is there noise from the buffet above?

Thanks very much!

We stayed in a Century suite in April of this year, and it was very nice. We were in 1141 which was a little to the side, but I really don't think it would make any difference. There is some noise of chairs scraping on the deck, but it's not horrible. One thing we really liked was that there was a stairway on either side that you could run up one flight and be at the buffet. Great for grabbing a cold drink. Seemed like only the folks at the rear of the penthouse deck even knew of these stairways, I never saw anyone else using them.

Sorry I did not see your post sooner, we just got off the Century on Sept 23, we had aft cabin 1147 and we had cockroaches in our cabin every night. I did not let it spoil our cruise, I mean really what could we do at that point? They did the best they could to spray but when they sprayed the Islands Cafe up the stairs the bugs just came running down to us Also, if you are on the end where the smokers stand one floor up, their ashes and butts did come flying down on our table. I think 1141 was right next to us and that is the smoking side. I just never felt comfortable standing at the railing when there was someone overhead smoking!:eek:

The aft cabins are the best, Penthouse deck is great, but 1141 thru 1149 are not Penthouse suites, they are something less, we still had the butler and all the amenities, but I saw a reg. penthouse suite and they are much nicer.

If bugs bother you, change from aft is my suggestion.

Archived