adjoining studio cabin

vigurl

Ooooh that's a good one too. I was thinking of my friend who likes to use body spray and it stinks up the room :eek:

There's that and 2 people needing the toilet at same time - sometimes that never ends well....

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

The idea was broader than that from the very beginning. This is from the original press release about the studio cabins in the run up to the launch of Norwegian Epic in 2010:

And for a while they even let two people share a studio, .

Omg I cannot imagine sharing that space with anyone! Even my husband!

Just curious. Why do the rooms need to be adjoining? If you and a friend want to travel together without spouses/family but in separate rooms.... Can't they just be separate rooms, next door/across the hall/down the hall.

I went on the Epic with my mom. We each had a studio cabin. Across the hall from one another rather than adjoining because she goes to sleep early and I dont. It gave us a break from one another during the day as well.

We still went to the meet ups in the lounge to meet others. We met some great people we ate dinner with for the rest of the week.

Just curious. Why do the rooms need to be adjoining? If you and a friend want to travel together without spouses/family but in separate rooms.... Can't they just be separate rooms, next door/across the hall/down the hall.

They don't need to be adjoining, but it's nice to have the option.

On my last cruise, my friends and I had adjoining balcony cabins, and we liked being able to close or open the doors when we wanted to be separate or apart.

Edited by JustAllie

I was in a studio on Epic that had a door to an adjoining studio. I think it's great for two people who want to travel together but don't want to share a bathroom!

My 25 year old son and I had adjoining studios on the Getaway in September. It was the perfect solution for us as we both had our own space and didn't have to share a shower or toilet. Could we have stayed in studios across the hall from each other? Sure, but it was nice to be able to just open the door in the morning or evening to discuss our day while wearing my pajamas. We were not joined at the hip and I did consider us both 'solo' cruisers.

I totally understand the theory behind the Studio adjoining rooms, but my first thought was WHY, also. I understood them to be for Solo cruisers too. I have had an adjoining regular room and I could hear the people in there more clearly than in a non-adjoining room. I made sure to get a non-adjoining studio cabin for my upcoming Escape cruise.

Could we have stayed in studios across the hall from each other? Sure, but it was nice to be able to just open the door in the morning or evening to discuss our day while wearing my pajamas. We were not joined at the hip and I did consider us both 'solo' cruisers.

Exactly. Some just asked a few posts up why do they have to be adjoining this is why. I dont want to have to p/u the ph every time I want to chat with my friend. We only see each other 2x a yr since we live in different countries but as adults we enjoy our own space.

Yeah I can understand that in some cases. However my main point is why would ncl create studios for people travelling together. Initially the idea was that they were for people travelling alone and who wanted to meet others. Having them occupied by people travelling with others goes against that. They encourage this with the adjoining cabins.

I don't know that the studios were designed so solos can meet other solo travelers. NCL does things based on their bottom line. In this case, they saw a market and went after it. As a solo, I might not choose to book a cabin for which I have to pay 200%. The studios give me the option of paying less for my vacation. Adjoining studios would be a great setup if I wanted to travel with a friend. I wouldn't want to share a room, but it would be nice to have that friend nearby and adjoining studios wold be great for that. The lounge where I can meet other solos is a "nice to have" but I doubt I'll go to many if any of the solo gatherings when I sail for the first time in a studio next year. People like to do different things on vacation. :)