First time booking NCL...so many questions!

vigurl

Not my first time cruising but first time with this line and first solo/studio cabin.

I have some questions...

What happens if the price drops before final payment? Can I get the adjustment by just calling?

I noticed I can pick one of 4 special add on's for free. I don't drink so I was thinking about the wifi pkg. Is the speed decent?

Can I prepay tips?

Where can I find a sample copy of what the daily activities are for the STUDIO CABINS.

Are any of the speciality dining restaurants open for lunch at no additional cost?

Can I make dinner reservations for the MDR?

Call the 800 number if the price drops. They often will allow you to upgrade

I can't speak for WiFi speeds. Personally I would go for dining package

You can prepay tips on the website.

Activities are the same for all cabins and you'll get a daily in your cabin plus they are posted all over the ship

Not my first time cruising but first time with this line and first solo/studio cabin.

I have some questions...

What happens if the price drops before final payment? Can I get the adjustment by just calling?

I noticed I can pick one of 4 special add on's for free. I don't drink so I was thinking about the wifi pkg. Is the speed decent?

Can I prepay tips?

Where can I find a sample copy of what the daily activities are for the STUDIO CABINS.

Are any of the speciality dining restaurants open for lunch at no additional cost?

Can I make dinner reservations for the MDR?

None of the specialty restaurants are open for lunch. One of the MDR is on Sea Days.

There is NO need to make reservations for dinner in the MDR's.

I always prepay the DSC.

From what I am hearing even on The Escape- internet speed is very very slow.

Welcome Aboard

When you do decide to book, find the Roll Call for your cruise and join the conversation.

Call the 800 number if the price drops. They often will allow you to upgrade

Activities are the same for all cabins and you'll get a daily in your cabin plus they are posted all over the ship

I dont want to upgrade just get the price drops before final pmt. I want to keep my studio cabin.

There are special activities in the studio cabin lounge for travelers only in studio cabins. I am trying to find out if that is published anywhere or it is just handwritten on the white board in the lounge.

None of the specialty restaurants are open for lunch. One of the MDR is on Sea Days.

There is NO need to make reservations for dinner in the MDR's.

I always prepay the DSC.

From what I am hearing even on The Escape- internet speed is very very slow.

Welcome Aboard

When you do decide to book, find the Roll Call for your cruise and join the conversation.

Thank you... even on formal night there is no need for reservations? Really :)

That's fantastic...I will trust you on this lol.

Moderno is free for lunch but it the usual buffet stuff. The lunch restaurants will be listed in the dailies and will tell you which has fees and which doesn't

The activities for solos will be listed on the board in the studio in lounge. The solo meet and time is listed in the dailies; that when the cocktail hour is for the lounge.

Call them up when the price drops for the room - they usually offer OBC for like about 1/4 of the drop or free/low cost room upgrade to interior/ balconies / etc depending how big the drop was.

You can make reservations on your own via the TV / Kiosk / Guest Services or you can let the solo coordinator set up for you when s/he setups the group dinner for the other soloers. There's no formal night on NCL, there's "Dress up or not" and some just don't. :)

Yes, You can prepay the tips before going via the website or over the phone.

Moderno is free for lunch but it the usual buffet stuff. The lunch restaurants will be listed in the dailies and will tell you which has fees and which doesn't

The activities for solos will be listed on the board in the studio in lounge. The solo meet and time is listed in the dailies; that when the cocktail hour is for the lounge.

Call them up when the price drops for the room - they usually offer OBC for like about 1/4 of the drop or free/low cost room upgrade to interior/ balconies / etc depending how big the drop was.

You can make reservations on your own via the TV / Kiosk / Guest Services or you can let the solo coordinator set up for you when s/he setups the group dinner for the other soloers. There's no formal night on NCL, there's "Dress up or not" and some just don't. :)

Yes, You can prepay the tips before going via the website or over the phone.

Fantastic answers to my questions ;)

In your very extensive experience is it usual for studio cabins to have price drops since there are so few on the ship?

In your very extensive experience is it usual for studio cabins to have price drops since there are so few on the ship?

Oh, I forgot this one - bring a old credit card, gift card, sail card, metrocard or business card(someone said this can be used but I used a gift card last time) for the slot to keep your lights and electricity on in the room. Its an energy saving feature on the Breakaway-class ships that can easily get you locked outside your room if you forget your current sail card. :);)

It depends on time of year sailing - I usually sail in the offpeak, like after Thanksgiving, so sometimes the price will drop before the sailing to convince other people to go. :) Likewise, for summertime and holiday weeks the prices go up and rarely drop.

It depends on time of year sailing - I usually sail in the offpeak, like after Thanksgiving, so sometimes the price will drop before the sailing to convince other people to go. :) Likewise, for summertime and holiday weeks the prices go up and rarely drop.

Thx ... I am looking at 9/18 maybe i will see a tiny drop. People fear hurricanes.