Pre-Cruise Miami hotel: Hyatt vs. Hampton Inn vs. Doubletree

Caraec

We will be flying in to FLL late on Friday afternoon before our Saturday cruise departure from POM. We will be taking SAS from FLL to the Miami hotel we choose. These are the hotels I have identified as affordable possibilities:

Hyatt Regency Miami (400 South East Second Avenue)

Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay (1717 North Bayshore Drive)

Hampton Inn & Suites/Bricknell (50 SW 12th Street)

We would like a hotel that is easily and safely walkable to eating establishments, as well as to a CVS or Walgreen's type place. Our plan is to grab a cab to the port on Saturday morning.

Thoughts on these options?

Edited by Caraec

I would go with the Hampton Inn.

Hampton Inn is fairly close to lots of restaurants at Mary Brickell Village and also near Publix (go there instead of CVS and Walgreens asa it carries much more and the prices are lower) but if you want a CVS it is nearby.

Hampton Inn also includes a nice breakfast.

I don't like the area that Doubletree is near. It might be me but I feel less safe there.

Hyatt is fine but it is in an area surrounded by buildings and is a bit further from the places I mentioned.

Keith

I haven't gone yet (booked first time next year) but I looked at some of those same ones and chose the Hampton Inn for the following reasons:

- Decent price considering the area (you can easily spend 2-3x more in this part of town, if you want)

- Best reviews on Expedia (of the hotels in that price range)

- There's a Metrorail train that goes from the airport to right by the hotel (like a block or two away)

- There's a Publix grocery store a block away (I plan to pack light and buy stuff when I get there.)

- There's also a train stop for the Metromover which goes around the downtown area, if you want to hit a bar or two the night before (I plan to!)

- They offer a shuttle to the cruise port (According to the guy on the phone, it costs 8 dollars and leaves at 12:30 pm.)

Edit: I just saw you're flying into FLL. The train from the airport I mentioned is from MIA, so scratch that, sorry.

Edited by EleventyBangBang

I've opted for small hotels about a block away from the Hollywood beach. The ones on booking.com with great reviews run around $140-160/night before tax.

Booking.com is great for reviews, but tripadvisor is still better for photos.

I haven't gone yet (booked first time next year) but I looked at some of those same ones and chose the Hampton Inn for the following reasons:

- Decent price considering the area (you can easily spend 2-3x more in this part of town, if you want)

- Best reviews on Expedia (of the hotels in that price range)

- There's a Metrorail train that goes from the airport to right by the hotel (like a block or two away)

- There's a Publix grocery store a block away (I plan to pack light and buy stuff when I get there.)

- There's also a train stop for the Metromover which goes around the downtown area, if you want to hit a bar or two the night before (I plan to!)

- They offer a shuttle to the cruise port (According to the guy on the phone, it costs 8 dollars and leaves at 12:30 pm.)

Edit: I just saw you're flying into FLL. The train from the airport I mentioned is from MIA, so scratch that, sorry.

Don't take the Metrorail at night. Don't do it.

To the OP, the Hampton Inn for all the reasons Keith said.