Amex Offers $75 off $300 in Carnival cruise reservation

iceberg1116

I'm trying to figure out how to take advantage of this if I already paid my reservation in December. If anyone figured it out, please let us know!!

Terms

Offer is valid on new bookings made on carnival.com, via phone at 1-888-227-6482, or through your Travel Professional. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfers/transportation to the ship. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/23/2015, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify unless Carnival Cruise Line is the merchant of record on your statement. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Ships’ Registry: United States POID: BWB5:0001

No interest on 30% off? I imagine this would be popular for those of you that have a ton of Amex cards in the family. The problem is for those of us that already paid the cruise in full.

I'm tempted to try to charge $250 to Cruise cash to see if I get the $75 since the max is $500 per room.

I started a similar Delta Amex thread about this a few weeks ago. But for an unknown reason it was taken down by the moderators...

I can't imagine it is against the rules. I posted the same in Celebrity's forum when they have the 200 off 1000 or something like that.

Where do you find this deal?

You find it under your Amex cards on the bottom where it says Offers. I have it for a few of my cards.

I just tested it buying Cruise Cash but it was no go because it shows up as Bon Voyage instead of Carnival. Prepaying gratuities for a room was a success as I did it for a room that have 3 people for a total of $252.

I'm sure it'll work paying down your cruise $250 at a time.

Bummer, I checked my card and my husbands and it isn't in our offers :( I still have a balance of $400 to payoff.

I can't imagine it is against the rules. I posted the same in Celebrity's forum when they have the 200 off 1000 or something like that.

You find it under your Amex cards on the bottom where it says Offers. I have it for a few of my cards.

I just tested it buying Cruise Cash but it was no go because it shows up as Bon Voyage instead of Carnival. Prepaying gratuities for a room was a success as I did it for a room that have 3 people for a total of $252.

[i just tested it buying Cruise Cash but it was no go because it shows up as Bon Voyage instead of Carnival. Prepaying gratuities for a room was a success as I did it for a room that have 3 people for a total of $252.

Hi- how do you know it was a success, did Amex verify it? I wonder will it work for your onboard account. I am going on the Breeze the end of the month and it would be great to get additional money back.

[i just tested it buying Cruise Cash but it was no go because it shows up as Bon Voyage instead of Carnival. Prepaying gratuities for a room was a success as I did it for a room that have 3 people for a total of $252.

Hi- how do you know it was a success, did Amex verify it? I wonder will it work for your onboard account. I am going on the Breeze the end of the month and it would be great to get additional money back.

I called my travel agent and have her apply the $252 against my Amex. I got an email instantly verifying that I will receive the $75. I don't think it'll work for onboard account as that is billed as Bon Voyage rather than Carnival Cruise on Amex. I ordered the 2 water case so that's how I know it come up as Bon Voyage.

Nver mind I read the rules your originally posted onboard spend is not included. oh well.

Newegg offer is for $25 off $200 purchase. They sell Carnival gift cards. They are delivered via e-mail so no waiting for the mail.

Great tip! I am going to use both offers. Book cruise through Carnival and then buy $200 of gift cards through Newegg for onboard spending!

I'm trying to figure out how to take advantage of this if I already paid my reservation in December. If anyone figured it out, please let us know!!

Terms

Offer is valid on new bookings made on carnival.com, via phone at 1-888-227-6482, or through your Travel Professional. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfers/transportation to the ship. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/23/2015, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify unless Carnival Cruise Line is the merchant of record on your statement. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Ships’ Registry: United States POID: BWB5:0001

I think our final payment is due in a couple of weeks for Glory in Feb.2016. Being that Carnival will put this payment on my Amex card automatically do you think I will qualify? Should I call Amex and make them aware?

Thanks

I think our final payment is due in a couple of weeks for Glory in Feb.2016. Being that Carnival will put this payment on my Amex card automatically do you think I will qualify? Should I call Amex and make them aware?

Thanks

You have to see if you have it under your offers on the bottom page after you log in and add the offer. If you don't then you won't get it. If you have multiple cards (authorized cards), you may also want to check whether you have it under those as well and split up the payments to $250 each to get multiple cash back amounts.

do you know if it works for carnival gift card purchases directly from carnival?