Cabin Confusion

renech

It's been a long time since I've tried to book 4 people in one cabin and I'm totally confused.

I reserved a cabin that's a new category (BC) because it's on the Anthem, but I think my question applies to the deckplan labeling for all the ships (so I hope my post doesn't get bumped to the Anthem forum, but if it does I understand).

For 4 people, I was offered a cabin that has the triangle symbol indicating a sofabed in the room. Is the sofabed supposed to accommodate 2 people??

The picture associated with the cabin category on the website is, I believe, incorrect since it appears to be one of the Family connected Jr. Suites. So I called CS and was told that category was 2 connected cabins: one a balcony and the other a OV that definitely had 2 big beds that could be separated into 4 singles. This doesn't make sense to me, as it seems to be located in a row of all balcony cabins, but the CS agent was adamant.

So now I'm concerned that we are in one cabin with a big bed and a sofabed, for 4 adults. Which means I'll probably need to look for 2 cabins instead. I do have a call in to my TA, but she's traveling right now so I thought I'd field some input from the regulars here.

I personally would never consider cruising with 4 adults (or even 2 adults 2 teens) in a cabin that was not a larger suite. Not even a JR suite for me. Just too tight of quarters and one bath and I would be miserable for the week. If it was a financial consideration, I would just wait longer and save more. We always put our boys in an inside across the hall and we were all much happier in that set-up.

Re-read your post and it seems you are trying to determine what the cabin offering really is. I would be trying to get clarification like you are.

Edited by Doug S
Didn't read op clearly enough.

I haven't been but I looked at the picture and description for BC and it seems to be two cabins that must be booked together. Lots of space in the pic. I think the are beds and a sofa bed in one cabin and a bed in the other cabin.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/media/shared_assets/images/fleet/quantum-class/quantum-of-the-seas/schematics/schematic-qn-family-connected-bal.jpg?resize=385:290

From the Anthem deck plans:

bc.gif Ocean View Connected Stateroom with Balcony

Staterooms designated for booking together, to ensure best availability and convenience for families and other groups of guests.

It will boil down to what room number you've been booked into. These BC rooms are actually three different rooms with a connected hallway, so they can be booked by three different groups individually or by one bigger group, in any configuration.

Take a look at the link I provided above, and look at rooms 10232, 10230, and 10228 --- see how they're all ringed by the orange border? The three of those combined make for a BC "suite" -- the Big Cabin is 10232, the Medium Cabin is 10228, and the Small Cabin is 10230. Each of these has its own bathroom.

If you've only been given ONE cabin number then you're all in the Big Cabin, so the sofabed is intended to sleep two adults and the regular bed is intended to sleep two adults and you all share one bathroom.

Edited by brillohead

It's been a long time since I've tried to book 4 people in one cabin and I'm totally confused.

I reserved a cabin that's a new category (BC) because it's on the Anthem, but I think my question applies to the deckplan labeling for all the ships (so I hope my post doesn't get bumped to the Anthem forum, but if it does I understand).

For 4 people, I was offered a cabin that has the triangle symbol indicating a sofabed in the room. Is the sofabed supposed to accommodate 2 people??

The picture associated with the cabin category on the website is, I believe, incorrect since it appears to be one of the Family connected Jr. Suites. So I called CS and was told that category was 2 connected cabins: one a balcony and the other a OV that definitely had 2 big beds that could be separated into 4 singles. This doesn't make sense to me, as it seems to be located in a row of all balcony cabins, but the CS agent was adamant.

So now I'm concerned that we are in one cabin with a big bed and a sofabed, for 4 adults. Which means I'll probably need to look for 2 cabins instead. I do have a call in to my TA, but she's traveling right now so I thought I'd field some input from the regulars here.

The Family Connected Suites (3 rooms) are category FC - I had this configuration in March on Quantum. The BC rooms are two balcony rooms that adjoin through a connecting door. The picture for the BC is really the FC category and is very different. Check your reservation to see what room they put you in - ie, 1 room or 2 rooms. It's likely that they booked you into 1 of the 2 connecting rooms. If you want to book both rooms you may have to confirm that the other room is available and then book it separately. If they put 4 of you in two separate rooms then you are incredibly lucky and congrats.

I personally would never consider cruising with 4 adults (or even 2 adults 2 teens) in a cabin that was not a larger suite. Not even a JR suite for me. Just too tight of quarters and one bath and I would be miserable for the week. If it was a financial consideration, I would just wait longer and save more. We always put our boys in an inside across the hall and we were all much happier in that set-up.

Re-read your post and it seems you are trying to determine what the cabin offering really is. I would be trying to get clarification like you are.

Believe me, I'm right with you on not wanting 4 of us in on cabin unless it's a bigger cabin. I did it when my kids were little, and with friends back when we were young and on tight budgets, but I'd rather avoid it now.

I haven't been but I looked at the picture and description for BC and it seems to be two cabins that must be booked together. Lots of space in the pic. I think the are beds and a sofa bed in one cabin and a bed in the other cabin.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/media/shared_assets/images/fleet/quantum-class/quantum-of-the-seas/schematics/schematic-qn-family-connected-bal.jpg?resize=385:290

Yes, I believe it is supposed to be the 2 adjacent cabins, and not the 3rd one as shown in the picture.

From the Anthem deck plans:

It will boil down to what room number you've been booked into. These BC rooms are actually three different rooms with a connected hallway, so they can be booked by three different groups individually or by one bigger group, in any configuration.

Take a look at the link I provided above, and look at rooms 10232, 10230, and 10228 --- see how they're all ringed by the orange border? The three of those combined make for a BC "suite" -- the Big Cabin is 10232, the Medium Cabin is 10228, and the Small Cabin is 10230. Each of these has its own bathroom.

If you've only been given ONE cabin number then you're all in the Big Cabin, so the sofabed is intended to sleep two adults and the regular bed is intended to sleep two adults and you all share one bathroom.

The Family Connected Suites (3 rooms) are category FC - I had this configuration in March on Quantum. The BC rooms are two balcony rooms that adjoin through a connecting door. The picture for the BC is really the FC category and is very different. Check your reservation to see what room they put you in - ie, 1 room or 2 rooms. It's likely that they booked you into 1 of the 2 connecting rooms. If you want to book both rooms you may have to confirm that the other room is available and then book it separately. If they put 4 of you in two separate rooms then you are incredibly lucky and congrats.

I think you're both correct and I was given the bigger room for 4 people. I will have to look at other options.

I understand that the pictures are meant to be just "representations," but how hard would it be for them to use a picture showing at least the correct number of cabins for that category?

Don't get me started on the totally incorrect information the customer service gave me yesterday. I know it can be a crapshoot whenever you call, but she seemed SO sure, that I got my hopes up. Oh, well.

Thank you for the input, everyone. 😊