Ventura HB Grade Balcony

Scriv

I have just booked C 527 on C deck Ventura - HB Grade.

I have been advised that this balcony has more space and has a good sized balcony, but is overlooked.

Any comments would be gratefully received. :)

Edited by Scriv

Hello Scriv,

You won't regret your choice. These are large balconies and the best IMHO (we always go for C deck ones). They are partially covered by the balcony of the deck above, and the other half is open. So you get the best of both worlds.

If you want privacy and shade (depending where the sun is) sit under the deck above near the balcony window. Although the other half of the balcony is overlooked by the decks above, this has never been a problem for us. The only time you see people are generally at sail away. Others have far better things to do that look over their balcony at those below! So don't worry and enjoy your lovely big C deck balcony.

You get two chairs, one foot stool and one small table. The table can double as another foot stool if needed.

Have a great cruise.

Oh, thanks a lot for that, Sunshine Boy. That's encouraging to hear. :)

Edited to include thanks to Homeless Bear as well. Sounds excellent. And thanks for the tips and hints!

Edited by Scriv

Excellent choice Scriv. We were in D527 (the deck below) on Azura which is the same design as Ventura - here is a pic takken from our totally overlooked balcony - you can see the way yours will be partly shaded and the length of the dividing panels gives you a clue as to its size.

Hope that helps.

image.jpg.707167c6f7bfbefaecd38619212cc760.jpg

Thanks Trish - I understand the aft ones are superb though. Oh good - everyone seems to be agreeing that C deck are good.

Haha they are usually superb except when the sea is rough. It was like we were on a see saw when we sailed in October. :eek:

Hey this is looking good - brilliant. Thanks everybody (including John lol ;) )

Before you all worry that I will be taking your preferred places, this is only for one of my weekend breaks with my daughter (which has now become a tradition) and it is for December 2016, so time on our balcony will be somewhat limited.

Having said that, we love sitting out on the balcony with a fleece, weather permitting.

Again, thanks everyone. I booked this on board and the lady recommended it highly, but I wanted to check it with the real experts, lol.

Edited by Scriv

Totally agree with everyone that C deck offer the best balconies. We have just come back off Ventura where we had a C deck cabin, which we specifically picked after having one on Azura last year. Can't say I was ever bothered by the fact that part of it is overlooked by above - I never looked upwards!

Michele

I do sometimes, depending on all sorts of factors but I left it open this last time and got upgraded to a mini suite from a HA Balcony, so I couldn't complain about that lol!

Edited by Scriv

Scriv - I would think seriously about ticking the "no upgrade" box. There are plenty of stories on CC and FB of people who have been "upgraded" from C deck balcony cabins to midship balconies on A &B decks and who have been bitterly disappointed as the balconies are quite a bit smaller. If you were in an HA grade you could only be upgraded to a superior deluxe cabin which would be fine. But i would hang on to your C deck balcony !

Thanks for the recommendation, MM. I will discuss this with my daughter as you can't all be wrong lol. This balcony is HB grade.

You may have noticed my other thread - I am just 'considering' whether adding my other daughter to our trip is feasible, but that would mean losing this cabin of course and going back to the drawing board, which I am increasingly wanting to hold on to.

Pleased to read this thread. I booked a Saver booking on Ventura for next August and have been allocated C501, hope it is as good as you guys are saying !!!!

We were in cabin C501 on C deak 2 weeks ago for half term, lovely mid-ship position, near to sets sets of lifts/stairs, excellent cabin steward, and larger overlooked balcony that got full sun (when it showed itself). Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Hi Scriv, have to agree with everyone, we had C630 on Azura last month it was excellent and DO tick the no upgrade box, we have also booked C deck on Ventura for May....once you've had one there's no going back. Enjoy.

Only problem with all this though, everybody, is what if it is tipping down with rain on my 2 night trip to Belgium in December (Brr Brr), what benefit will I have in my big balcony on C deck?

I might be better off seeing whether the Upgrade Fairy takes me to a bigger cabin indoors and a smaller balcony?

Edited by Scriv

Only problem with all this though, everybody, is what if it is tipping down with rain on my 2 night trip to Belgium in December (Brr Brr), what benefit will I have in my big balcony on C deck?

I might be better off seeing whether the Upgrade Fairy takes me to a bigger cabin indoors and a smaller balcony?

If it's a 2 night in Dec I would stay with A/B . you wont get the benefit of the larger Balcony.