Ecstasy Review! 11/2/15 – 11/6/15

GreytRacer

Great review, Geri! I guess I was lucky to have Beau as my pub crawl guide on the Breeze :). I had to give away my last ticket - one more drink would have put me over the edge...lol!

Looking forward to more. The Ecstasy sounds like a great ship :)

Yes, you were lucky to have Beau! I did manage to make it through all 5 drinks, but then I was done!

Our first Carnival cruise was on the Sensation, so we will always have a soft spot for that class of ship. It used to feel so big! :-)

Thats wonderful news!! I was hoping to find a reasonable way from FLL to South Beach and it looks like I'm in luck!

Now please, back to the review so I can pretend I'm back in the sun!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Here's a discount code I got to share that will get you $15 off. It expires in 3 months, (until the end of January).

GERIW67UE

I should be back to the review soon. Work seems to be getting in the way!

Actually, one more thing before we move on to Cozumel…

When we got back to our room to get ready for dinner, our VIFP gifts were on the bed (journals), but the big surprise was what was with them! A fruit and wine basket from John Heald! As I mentioned, I had written on his wall the morning we sailed and he wished us a good trip. There was no discussion of cabin numbers or booking numbers or me asking for anything. So, this truly was a surprise! So, somehow, he or his assistant Jacinta tracked me down (my legal name and my FB name are somewhat different) and sent this lovely gift. It included a bottle of Merlot, a variety of cheeses, crackers, almonds, dried fruit and more fruit than we could have eaten even if we had been on board for another week! The wine was actually very good and we enjoyed it at dinner on 2 nights. We packed up the cheese, crackers, nuts and fruit and that’s what fed us on our flight home.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu5588%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E787%3EWSNRCG%3D44%3B9%3C6%3B584325nu0mrj

Day 5---Cozumel!

We had a late arrival in to Cozumel (1:30pm), so we slept in, had breakfast on Lido and then headed to the Serenity Deck. The forecast had been calling for a 90% chance of thunderstorms, so we weren’t sure what the day would hold.

As we pulled in to Cozumel, we could see heavy clouds in the distance, even though the ship was still in the sun. We had debated going to Paradise Beach, but based on the forecast, how the skies looked and our late arrival and early sunset, we decided to just stay on the ship. We had a lovely afternoon, just us and 3 other people on the Serenity Deck. There was a Disney ship docked in the distance and, every now and then, it would disappear as the rains just poured down over it. Twice, we had to get up and move under cover when it rained on the Ecstasy. It was actually pretty cool to watch the storms move in, see our view disappear and then, after a bit, have the view and the skies clear. When it wasn’t raining, the sun was out, so we wiped off the loungers and moved back out into the sun.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu44%3B%3B%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E787%3EWSNRCG%3D44%3B9%3C6%3B79%3A325nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu86%3A2%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E787%3EWSNRCG%3D44%3B9%3C6%3A%3A%3C5325nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu643%3B%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E787%3EWSNRCG%3D44%3B9%3C6%3B7%3A4325nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu7795%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E787%3EWSNRCG%3D44%3B9%3C6%3A%3A%3C6325nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu9565%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E787%3EWSNRCG%3D44%3B9%3C6%3B7%3A5325nu0mrj

Cozumel was out there a minute ago!

We debated going to the dining room for dinner or just eating on Lido, as we planned to get off the ship and walk around for a bit in the evening (we didn’t have to be back on board until 9:30pm). After checking out the menu, we decided to just eat on Lido since we figured all the same foods would be available there. They were. We had a great dinner out on deck (fish was amazing!) and watched the catamarans from the various shore excursions sail back in the dark with their lights glowing in the dark (sunset was at 6:10pm).

We got off the ship at about 7pm, and wouldn’t you know, it started raining again! The shopping area was pretty deserted, but Fat Tuesdays was hopping! We picked up a couple of souvenirs, stopped at Fat Tuesdays, decided we were waaaay behind on our drinking to be there and then headed back to the ship. In total, we were on land for 50 minutes. But, no worries, as we had thoroughly enjoyed our day on board!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu7578%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E787%3EWSNRCG%3D44%3B9%3C53%3B%3A4325nu0mrj

Edited by GreytRacer

We wandered through the ship’s shops, stopped by the piano bar again and then we headed up to the Deck Party which started at 11:15pm. The Love and Marriage Show was tonight at 10:15pm. I would have gone, but DH has the attitude of “Been There, Done That” and isn’t interested. I think he’s worried we might get picked for the show!

We had fun at the Deck party! They did all the usual dances, plus a few that aren’t always done (Follow the Leader, etc). They were tossing out beads and whistles and headgear for everyone to put on. During one of the dances (which turned out to be the last “official” one), they invited everyone up on the stage with the DJ. This was brilliant as everyone was now jumping and dancing like crazy and, as the Staff left, no one noticed! DJ Ness had some great mixes playing and people stayed and danced long after we were done. A great way to keep the party going!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu8%3B%3C4%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E787%3EWSNRCG%3D44%3B%3B456768325nu0mrj

There was a late buffet that night, from 11:30pm – 1:00am. We thought it might be Mexican, but it was the regular Grill food, but being served at the Lido buffet. I’m pretty sure I ate more pizza and then we headed to bed.

OK, I just looked at the Fun Times to confirm the hours of the late buffet and discovered they did it every night! Who knew? Don’t tell DH! LOL!

I have really enjoyed your review of this cruise! I was on a solo cruise on Ecstacy to Key West and Cozumel in September and seeing your pics and reading your review makes me miss it so much and wish I could turn back time to September LOL.

I do have a question im wondering about. When Ecstacy docked in key west in September,it docked at the navy base instead of the other pier. I see she docked in a different place on yours. Do you have any idea why that was?

Im looking forward to seeing the rest of your review. I miss the Ecstacy

I have really enjoyed your review of this cruise! I was on a solo cruise on Ecstacy to Key West and Cozumel in September and seeing your pics and reading your review makes me miss it so much and wish I could turn back time to September LOL.

I do have a question im wondering about. When Ecstacy docked in key west in September,it docked at the navy base instead of the other pier. I see she docked in a different place on yours. Do you have any idea why that was?

Im looking forward to seeing the rest of your review. I miss the Ecstacy

Thanks for reading! I'm glad it's bringing back good memories. :-)

I don't know why we docked where we did. We were the only ship in Key West, so that might be why? Was there another ship in when you were there? It certainly was very convenient to dock where we did!

Great review! Thanks so much for sharing! I sailed on the Ecstasy on Labor Day weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday. The cruise was full of nasty drunks.

I had never seen anything like it. During the Muster Drill, they would not listen to the crew members, and were already so drunk. You would not believe the way that these people would talk to the crew members. A few started screaming at the bartenders because they could no longer serve them drinks because they had reached their 15 drink limit.

Carnival employees are so polite, professional, and patient. I always sail on 4,6, & 7 day cruises. I love the fun, family atmosphere of the longer cruises.

I had a great time, and would attend the shows, games, and trivia.

During the shows, there weren't more than 20 people in the theater. They were at the night clubs and pool area partying and getting nasty drunk.

I would definitely sail on this ship again, but not on the 3 day cruise.

Thank you so much for your review! We go on Ecstasy in December, and can't wait! We had to take a cruise hiatus for a few years, but we are excited to be going back! Great price on Intercontinental! We once got it for about $99, 5 years ago, but on Hotwire, we just got it for $105. We will be there only Sunday night before the cruise, but we will have two rooms, my teenagers and my in-laws are cruising with us. The best part was waking up and seeing the ship!!

We plan to walk around Bayside Sunday evening. Our plan is for the boys will go parasailing in Key West. I wish we could do the Bar Crawl, but it will have to wait until we are there with no kids!!

For Cozumel, we plan to go to Paradise Beach, but, if we have a rainy day like you did, we will be happy staying on the ship. Last time I went to Paradise Beach, they didn't even have the pool yet, so it has been awhile. Is the ship still docking near Senor Frogs? If so, after the beach we may send the kids back to the ship, and go there with my in-laws. That is always a fun time.

Your review has gotten me so excited, I can't wait until next month!

Thanks again!!

Thanks for your review on the Ecstasy. I did this same cruise with friends October 12-16. We had a great time. I just love the Fantasy Class ships.

Next time you get back to Cozumel be sure to go to Paradise Beach. That is what we did on our port day in Cozumel and it was so much fun

Great review! Thanks so much for sharing! I sailed on the Ecstasy on Labor Day weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday. The cruise was full of nasty drunks.

I had never seen anything like it. During the Muster Drill, they would not listen to the crew members, and were already so drunk. You would not believe the way that these people would talk to the crew members. A few started screaming at the bartenders because they could no longer serve them drinks because they had reached their 15 drink limit.

Carnival employees are so polite, professional, and patient. I always sail on 4,6, & 7 day cruises. I love the fun, family atmosphere of the longer cruises.

I had a great time, and would attend the shows, games, and trivia.

During the shows, there weren't more than 20 people in the theater. They were at the night clubs and pool area partying and getting nasty drunk.

I would definitely sail on this ship again, but not on the 3 day cruise.

Wow! That sounds terrible! I know 3 day cruises can get wild and the holiday probably added to it.

Here's to better cruises to come! Thanks for reading!

Thank you so much for your review! We go on Ecstasy in December, and can't wait! We had to take a cruise hiatus for a few years, but we are excited to be going back! Great price on Intercontinental! We once got it for about $99, 5 years ago, but on Hotwire, we just got it for $105. We will be there only Sunday night before the cruise, but we will have two rooms, my teenagers and my in-laws are cruising with us. The best part was waking up and seeing the ship!!

We plan to walk around Bayside Sunday evening. Our plan is for the boys will go parasailing in Key West. I wish we could do the Bar Crawl, but it will have to wait until we are there with no kids!!

For Cozumel, we plan to go to Paradise Beach, but, if we have a rainy day like you did, we will be happy staying on the ship. Last time I went to Paradise Beach, they didn't even have the pool yet, so it has been awhile. Is the ship still docking near Senor Frogs? If so, after the beach we may send the kids back to the ship, and go there with my in-laws. That is always a fun time.

Your review has gotten me so excited, I can't wait until next month!

Thanks again!!

That's a great price on the Intercontinental! You'll find plenty of food choices at Bayside, from the food court to a variety of restaurants. We always seem to end up in the food court. I'd rather spend my money once I'm sailing and the restaurants all seem so expensive, compared to Midwestern prices. On a previous cruise, when my friend and I stopped for a drink at one for the bars, 2 glasses of sangria ended up costing us $25! :eek:

I was interested in parasailing in Key West, but DH didn't seem to be. :rolleyes: You can book directly with Fury and save some money over booking with the cruise line (if you haven't already booked).

We've been to Paradise Beach a number of times, but we haven't been since they added the pool either. Carnival has their own pier now, so they aren't near Senor Frogs. There's a 3 Amigos and a Fat Tuesdays at the pier, if you want to get back off and drink without the kids. ;)

Hope you have a great cruise!