Starting to get worried...is the Ruby that bad?

JRA1708

Booked on the 10-day Mexican Rivera Sea of Cortez Adventure on the Ruby. I loved the Crown and its layout, so I can't wait to see the Ruby.

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dest=M&dat=01%2F11%2F2016&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams), lobster, and Creme brulee!

Just off the Ruby today as she heads into dry dock and was on twice previously this year.

The ship was in great shape, no odd smells, dining room and IC food was superb, and service came with a smile. The only issue we experienced was poor WiFi signal strength (not speeds, raw radio power) on Emerald in the 200s - radio would drop but you'd still be logged into the system, and it was consistent across three new high-end devices). Internet manager was not good at follow-through and guest services had to get involved to get a resolution.

Looking forward to sailing her south in two weeks!

I too was on the last sailing of Ruby from LA to Vancouver. It was my second trip on Ruby since September. We were aft on Emerald deck in a covered mini-suite. We never noticed any smells or had any bathroom issues. I found her to be (as was in September) fit and in good order. I would sail on her agian tomorrow if possoble !! She is just in for drydock and should be in stellar condition when she re-emerges. You will have a great time I assure you !!

bryan (truckguy)

Does anyone know what the details are of what will be changed during drydock?

Yes , Sabatini's is changing too Share restaurant. Curtiss the Aussie cook.

I am hoping it is good , but I always liked Sabatini's .

I have asked Princess , where are they serving Suite customers breakfast. They don't know where, as yet.

I am sailing on January 9th on her . I will let you know

10 days she will be in dry dock along with the Emerald , same conversion

Ableseaman1

Yes , Sabatini's is changing too Share restaurant. Curtiss the Aussie cook.

I am hoping it is good , but I always liked Sabatini's .

I have asked Princess , where are they serving Suite customers breakfast. They don't know where, as yet.

I am sailing on January 9th on her . I will let you know

10 days she will be in dry dock along with the Emerald , same conversion

Ableseaman1

Ableseaman1, be sure to join our roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2047932