Delivery questions on Black Friday gift cards?

wantocruisemore

Hoping Carnival will do this again this year, but for those of you who got the cards last year, what was the delivery? The Verizon cards for the $500 require someone to sign for the cards to have them delivered. The $100 verizon cards come by regular mail.

Last year the first couple weeks of Dec. our neighborhood mailboxes were robbed. I was lucky and only lost 2 small packages, but others lost a lot more. This year if I order anything I will have it delivered to my husbands office. But I would like to keep the carnival card a surprise for Christmas so I would rather it come to the house. So, what was the delivery method last year?

Just planning to think ahead so I will know when ordering.

Do you need an actual card for a gift or is this for your use? I went ahead and had them email the voucher instead of getting an actual card mailed. It worked perfectly fine. I just read the code off to the online TA that I use (because she gives me obc) and she used them to pay off my balance on final payment date. She didn't bat an eye so it seems she does that all the time.

We also had some on the ship with us and were able to apply them to our on board account to pay gratuities.

Oh goodness..does Verizon really have you sign for the 500$ cards?? I hope so! If so how long before delivery and who delivers it?? I was hoping for extra security like that!

I ordered some $500 cards from both AARP and Verizon on Friday night, 10/30. The Verizon cards arrived on Wednesday, 11/4, but the AARP cards are on the truck to be delivered today. AARP said they ran out and just got new stock in. They come UPS (signature required) unless the order is less than $500. Then they come regular mail, no signature.

Edited by Valor2005