ChoiceAir service fee

Packard

FYI - I booked my air through Celebrity ChoiceAir last month. Last week, I noticed that my credit card had been charged a higher amount than my booking confirmation showed. My TA checked and was told they charge a $25 fee for international flights and $15 for domestic ones. I thought, ok, there's my answer.

This week, while browsing their cruise brochure, I noticed on their air page they stated that there was no service fee. TA called again......the fee will be taken off my final payment....I was not supposed to have been charged!!!

Had I booked the cruise in $US, I probably would not have noted the discrepancy when my CC company did the exchange to $CDN. It was a fluke that I caught it anyway.

$25 does not break the bank but thought I would give everyone a heads up to doublecheck their card statements vs their booking statements.

On the RCCL Choice Air site the following is on the disclaimer:

*Royal Caribbean AIR2SEA is available to be booked online for residents of the U.S. and Canada only. Guests residing outside the U.S. and Canada should contact their local office for availability of AIR2SEA or other air travel programs. A non-refundable service fee applies per guest: $15 for North American destinations or $25 for International destinations.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentPage.do?pagename=air_travel_programs#k1UAfCMp7UYIrBfo.99

I had thought Celebrity also charged a fee unless you were part of the Captain's Club program. Glad you caught this and got the fee reversed.