unlimited drink package Escape

rscherer27

Have you actually done that? The general consensus here is that no exceptions are allowed and if one person in the cabin can't drink, then the package probably isn't for you as the terms do not make such exceptions.

Knew someone. I almost did had a letter for my dad , however opted not to get it.

Have you actually done that? The general consensus here is that no exceptions are allowed and if one person in the cabin can't drink, then the package probably isn't for you as the terms do not make such exceptions.

Ditto. I saw a really ugly scene with a husband and wife last year. Wife taking meds that don't allow her to drink. Husband was shaking her medications bag at the Beverage Director after verbally beating down the staff person selling the package in the atrium. He was screaming "she has cancer!"

My reaction? The policy may not be the best, but making a gigantic scene in the atrium regarding your wife's health so that you could get the drink package (which was not free) was really crass and made us ALL uncomfortable.

Yes, but you could run tabs when sitting at bars, and then sign one receipt for several drinks.

Thanks. We had it once on Celebrity and once on RCI. On Celebrity we signed the receipt and on RCI we didn't have to. I only drink beer, so unless it is offered for "free" it isn't worth it. :cool:

If it works the same as celebrity it saved me and my wife a fortune. Drinks do not even appear on your account. Great idea takes away the how much is on my bill thing.

Not quite the same as Celebrity. On Celebrity they swipe your card and you're on your way. On NCL, they add the administrative component of chopping down trees to print two copies of your bill, one to sign and a copy for yourself, so that they can then not show anything on your stateroom account. IOW, NCL needs a little 21st century exposure to streamline the process and free up the bartenders to sling drinks.

Does the package include specialty coffee like lattes and Cappuccino? We loved the coffee bar on Celebrity and that it was included with their beverage package.

If you look at the 2nd post in this thread, there is a link to the terms.

If you look at the 2nd post in this thread, there is a link to the terms.

Thanks...... though I did read the link before I asked the question. It just says that it excludes: "select Lavazza coffee beverages." I was hoping someone might know what if any were included? Thanks in advance . :)

Thanks...... though I did read the link before I asked the question. It just says that it excludes: "select Lavazza coffee beverages." I was hoping someone might know what if any were included? Thanks in advance . :)

There is no coffee included other than what is included in the cruise fare for all passengers. Specialty coffees are excluded.

The Lavazzo is superb, I didn't mind the $2 charge. I had an Americano that made my morning. I don't know exactly where they serve it besides the Atrium cafe. It seems silly to exclude it given the low cost, but there you go...

The Lavazzo is superb, I didn't mind the $2 charge. I had an Americano that made my morning. I don't know exactly where they serve it besides the Atrium cafe. It seems silly to exclude it given the low cost, but there you go...

I quite enjoy the coffees in the Atrium Café as well, and have no problem with the price tag even though I have UBP.

Why? Because I've never once waited in a line for it. Could you imagine the demand if it was included in the UBP? It would take more than the 1 or 2 employees I've witnessed working in the café on the BA.

Why? Because I've never once waited in a line for it. Could you imagine the demand if it was included in the UBP? It would take more than the 1 or 2 employees I've witnessed working in the café on the BA.

Only if you think that NCL clientele is very different from RCI or Celebrity clientele in that regard. Both include speciality coffees in even classic alcoholic package and usually there are only 1 or 2 people (sometimes more) behind the counter in coffee bar there - but often there are some people in the queue. But if the only criteria is no line ever, then your claim would maybe be true.

Edited by Demonyte

Only if you think that NCL clientele is very different from RCI or Celebrity clientele in that regard.

Valid point. My only time on the Celebrity drink package was prior to it being thrown in as a perk, so only a small percentage of passengers had it. Is the percentage of free bev passengers now comparable between all the primary cruise lines?

My comment was influenced by the recent Margaritaville discussion. It's free, and supply is relatively limited, so the reported result is ridiculous wait times. I have no problem skipping that experience. But if you put a queue of people between me and my morning coffee... I won't be too happy.

We have cruised several times on Celebrity with the Beverage package (which includes specialty coffee) and we never had to wait in line to get it at the cafe. We also love that you get bottled water with celebrity, we prefer fizzy water (pellagrino) with dinner and get that for free as well. Also grabbing a bottle of water before we head out on port days.

We will definitely miss the coffee, bottled water, juice (aghh i almost don't mention this one. :-), and smoothies that we get for free on Celebrity (AND BLUE). I hope the entertainment, show options, and additional restaurants make up for it on NCL. We will see..

Do you get a souvenir cup with the UBP?

I am assuming that you can get a souvenir cup as long as the total is below $15. At least that was the way it was on Celebrity a few years back. They had daily drink specials in a souvenir cup.

I am assuming that you can get a souvenir cup as long as the total is below $15. At least that was the way it was on Celebrity a few years back. They had daily drink specials in a souvenir cup.
I would not assume anything about NCL based on an experience on Celebrity! NCL's Ultimate Beverage Package does not include drinks in souvenir glasses/mugs. For example on this year's holiday drinks menu they have a Moscow Mule in a "traditional metal mug" that is yours to keep ($15.95), and the menu explicitly says "NOT included in the Ultimate Beverage package". But you can order a Moscow Mule in a regular glass, included in the package, for no extra charge. And you can buy the mug for $9.

The last (2) times we sailed on celebrity with unlimited package. (the most recent one being in March of this year) we did NOT get the souvenir cup with the beverage package. We could buy it if we wanted.

One other thing that I did like about Celebrity that seems NCL needs to get up to speed on it the receipts. We had no paper to sign or track they just swiped our card and we were good to go. That was nice...