unlimited drink package Escape

rscherer27

I am assuming that you can get a souvenir cup as long as the total is below $15. At least that was the way it was on Celebrity a few years back. They had daily drink specials in a souvenir cup.

You assume incorrectly. You can get the drink in a regular glass for free, or a drink in the special glass and you pay for the glass. None of the special glasses are included with the UBP.

6&8

• 1 month later...
How is it not unlimited? I can drink as many as I want. That is unlimited. Not sure why you think that it's not unlimited just because you can only place one order at a time. You just place the order, drink it, and then place another order and drink it and continue to repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to guess, the name change from UNLIMITED to ULTIMATE was probably for litigation purposes. Hard to defend a Plaintiff's claim alleging he/she was overserved when your program is called Unlimited Drinks. But that's just the lawyer in me taking.

If I had to guess, the name change from UNLIMITED to ULTIMATE was probably for litigation purposes. Hard to defend a Plaintiff's claim alleging he/she was overserved when your program is called Unlimited Drinks. But that's just the lawyer in me taking.

Hadn't it always been ultimate, just often addressed incorrectly on CC?

Good news. Recent reports indicate that NCL is no longer printing receipts for UBP purchases. At least on the Escape....

I think the term Ultimate allows the beverage personnel or security to cut off an inebriated passenger. Wasn't there a Homer Simpson episode of all-you-can eat buffet, which was proven to be a bad choice of words?

Packercruising....some lines have beverage packages that include beer but not liquor and are cheaper, but worth it if you drink several beers and some soda.

As far as souvenir cup goes, I'm not sure if the OP means the souvenir thermal mug or the specialty drink souvenir glasses. Most have said already that the glass is not provided. But the thermal mug is given with the soda package. Not the alcohol packages.

Packercruising....some lines have beverage packages that include beer but not liquor and are cheaper, but worth it if you drink several beers and some soda.

NCL too has a "smaller" alcoholic drink package called Corks and Caps that includes only beer and wine, not liquors.

Good news. Recent reports indicate that NCL is no longer printing receipts for UBP purchases. At least on the Escape....

I think the term Ultimate allows the beverage personnel or security to cut off an inebriated passenger. Wasn't there a Homer Simpson episode of all-you-can eat buffet, which was proven to be a bad choice of words?

As far as souvenir cup goes, I'm not sure if the OP means the souvenir thermal mug or the specialty drink souvenir glasses. Most have said already that the glass is not provided. But the thermal mug is given with the soda package. Not the alcohol packages.

I was on the Getaway a couple of weeks ago, and the only time I had to sign for drinks was while in the port of Miami, and only because they wanted you to see that tax was being charged... Once out to sea, there was no more signing for drinks unless you requested the charge slip...

Total BS on he terms for Unlimited Drink Package NCL has. I have sailed over 20 times, this being my first on NCL, as I have always been cautious, due to the penny pinching, holding out their hands for every nickel and dime. Celebrity Reflection by far the best cruise I have taken, entertainment, food, and staff were awesome. I am fortunate enough to have the drink package included when I bought my way onto the Escape, But how the heck does a cruise line say no to someone (who is paying over $50 a day for unlimited drinks) when they ask for a bottle of water (when it probably costs them 10 cents), and say it's not included. They can get a bloody mary at 8 AM, but not a bottle of water or fresh squuezed juice,. They can get a bottle of beer, but no water. I can get soda but no bottled water, Shame on you NCL. No fresh squeezed OJ, but a beer is fine. completely makes no sense, The more I read about NCL, the less I like. I know one should not compare ships, not one is perfect. But cruise lines need to figure out what works for their competitors and jump on board. This could be my first and final trip with NCL.

Total BS on he terms for Unlimited Drink Package NCL has. ... But how the heck does a cruise line say no to someone (who is paying over $50 a day for unlimited drinks)...

But that's the thing, NCL has never said that the package would be unlimited, the name of the package is "Ultimate Beverage Package", not "Unlimited...".

While I too think that Celebrity's and RCI's drink packages are far superior compared to NCL's, there is no bull**** anywhere - one just needs to do their research and find out about the differences. No way could one mass market cruise line have all the best things from the different competitors and still be profitably in the same price range as the others.

We too have decided that Celebrity offers better bang for our buck for the things that are more important to us, but still having the UBP on a NCL ship as a promo is better than not having it and having to pay the retail price for it.

Edited by Demonyte