Do they still have buy one get second for $1 on Regal?

losercruiser

I view this as comparing apples and oranges. The BOGO is a "perk" for everyone. It has nothing to do with loyalty perks. Again, based on my experiences it is very well received.

Edit...I guess I'm a little late in my response. :)

Better late than never. Yes, I do agree with all of you that the BOGO is for everyone! However, it would be nice to have the BOGO earlier in the evening. I know they would not do that because too many people would then participate.

Remember, this is duty free booze. So, why are drinks so pricey? I know, I will get 1,000 reasons why. I am just generating conversation. LOL

Better late than never. Yes, I do agree with all of you that the BOGO is for everyone! However, it would be nice to have the BOGO earlier in the evening. I know they would not do that because too many people would then participate.

Remember, this is duty free booze. So, why are drinks so pricey? I know, I will get 1,000 reasons why. I am just generating conversation. LOL

The two times my wife and I went to the 3pm BOGO$1 the place was slammed; nearly every seat was taken (and the Crooners on the REGAL is pretty darn big).

So, once again, your comment doesn't hold water (or booze).

The two times my wife and I went to the 3pm BOGO$1 the place was slammed; nearly every seat was taken (and the Crooners on the REGAL is pretty darn big).

So, once again, your comment doesn't hold water (or booze).

Again, all I am saying is that others would like to see the BOGO sometime early in the evening. Maybe between 6-8pm instead of 3-4 or 11-12. What doesn't hold water (or booze?)

That is what I am trying to convey. Get it yet?

Actually I've read here on CC that Princess drinks are less expensive than most other cruise lines. It's been a while since I was on other lines and we are only light drinkers so I cannot attest to that but others may bring their opinions and facts if they want. And as for the price of a drink, what are you comparing it to? Where you live, your local restaurants or pubs? I live in the Bay Area and most of our cocktails are priced even a bit higher than that on Princess. $7-8 for a beer and $8-10 for a cocktail is pretty normal here, as well.

I've never thought about ships buying their liquor duty-free. Not sure if that is true. It would be interesting to find the facts.

What doesn't hold water (or booze?)

Your comment that they wouldn't do it later in the day because too many people would participate. That's what doesn't hold water. Enough people already participate, so there's no reason to change the time.

'Nuff said.

Your comment that they wouldn't do it later in the day because too many people would participate. That's what doesn't hold water. Enough people already participate, so there's no reason to change the time.

'Nuff said.

I still believe they hold it so late at night is to reduce their cost. I wonder how many additional people would attend if it were held earlier. I guess we both have our opinions. Yours is 11-12pm is good for you. Mine is earlier. So, why can't we have it both ways?

For those who are reading this - would you like to see it being held earlier than 11PM?

OMG! This bantering has gotten ridiculous. They hold the BOGO $1 at the times they do to generate business at those times. Why would they have it at 8 or 9 if they are selling plenty of cocktail's at that time? They also would like to fill the club at that time to get a late night vibe going so that people will stay and party into the night. Therefore spend more money. It's all about the business. Of course we would all like it to be earlier or longer. But what they are offering is what they are offering. What's the point of bantering back and forth about it? It is what it is! Appreciate it. You get nada on the other cruise lines if your not a frequent flyer.

OMG! This bantering has gotten ridiculous. They hold the BOGO $1 at the times they do to generate business at those times. Why would they have it at 8 or 9 if they are selling plenty of cocktail's at that time? They also would like to fill the club at that time to get a late night vibe going so that people will stay and party into the night. Therefore spend more money. It's all about the business. Of course we would all like it to be earlier or longer. But what they are offering is what they are offering. What's the point of bantering back and forth about it? It is what it is! Appreciate it. You get nada on the other cruise lines if your not a frequent flyer.

I agree 100% This arguing is really about nothing. You're on vacation just enjoy it. Get several drinks during the happy hours and take them to your room. Put them in your fridge and enjoy them when you want. Just ask for no ice and add your own. Happy cruising!

I agree 100% This arguing is really about nothing. You're on vacation just enjoy it. Get several drinks during the happy hours and take them to your room. Put them in your fridge and enjoy them when you want. Just ask for no ice and add your own. Happy cruising!

Why do you believe that just because some people disagree with anything, we are arguing about nothing? Do you honestly believe that we must all agree with anything and everything that Princess does? Sorry, that is not the way it happens. Those who feel that the Happy Hours are OK, great, participate. For those of us who would like to see them earlier, then that is our opinion and we may voice it.

That is the purpose of this forum. Discuss and cuss things and express our opinions.

For the Princess 'Cheerleaders' who think everything is so great and no one can express their opinions if it does not agree with yours - please let us voice our opinions. Thank you!

Remember, you pay for your cruise and we pay for ours. LOL

Why do you believe that just because some people disagree with anything, we are arguing about nothing? Do you honestly believe that we must all agree with anything and everything that Princess does? Sorry, that is not the way it happens. Those who feel that the Happy Hours are OK, great, participate. For those of us who would like to see them earlier, then that is our opinion and we may voice it.

That is the purpose of this forum. Discuss and cuss things and express our opinions.

For the Princess 'Cheerleaders' who think everything is so great and no one can express their opinions if it does not agree with yours - please let us voice our opinions. Thank you!

Remember, you pay for your cruise and we pay for ours. LOL

Opinions is one thing but you seem like you just enjoy "stirring the pot". It just seemed like a bunch of pointless banter to me. I apologize if I'm wrong, just my opinion. I'm out, I don't want to further take this off topic.

The intent of most Happy Hours is to attract a clientele that would overwise not be buying drinks. So the cruise lines (and many shore based bars) only have Happy Hours at odd times. Tomorrow we are going to a decent local bar/restaurant that has their Happy Hours from 5-7 M-F. Most diners and drinkers would normally arrive after 7:30 so they end the Happy Hour at 7...and do not have any on their busy Saturdays. Cruise ship beverage managers follow a similar pattern. The idea of Happy Hour is not to make everyone Happy, but rather to sell drinks at a time when sales would normally be tepid.

Personally, we would love to have Happy Hours at the time of our choosing, but that is just not gonna happen.

Hank

The intent of most Happy Hours is to attract a clientele that would overwise not be buying drinks. So the cruise lines (and many shore based bars) only have Happy Hours at odd times. Tomorrow we are going to a decent local bar/restaurant that has their Happy Hours from 5-7 M-F. Most diners and drinkers would normally arrive after 7:30 so they end the Happy Hour at 7...and do not have any on their busy Saturdays. Cruise ship beverage managers follow a similar pattern. The idea of Happy Hour is not to make everyone Happy, but rather to sell drinks at a time when sales would normally be tepid.

Personally, we would love to have Happy Hours at the time of our choosing, but that is just not gonna happen.

Hank

Spot on, Hank.

I think they should allow each passenger decide when they prefer the happy hour to be for them. That is really the only way to satisfy everyone.

Given that you're allowed to take beers/drinks out, if you don't feel like drinking during that time period, you can always put in your fridge and have at another time.

If you really want to control when you drink, I guess you need the AIBP. I'm happy that on Night 1 of my upcoming cruise, I can stop by at 11 PM and get some beers that will hopefully last me for a day, and then I can do it again on Day 2.

I think they should allow each passenger decide when they prefer the happy hour to be for them. That is really the only way to satisfy everyone.

I'm sorry but I think that's ridiculous logic. It's called Happy "Hour". Using your reasoning, the dining rooms should be open 24 hours a day serving all 3 meals at any time to make sure everyone is always satisfied. Where I come from that's called a Diner. ;)