What is the Craziest Thing You Ever Packed For A Cruise?

FitzLA

I have only been on 3 cruises to date, so I am still learning what to bring. But the craziest thing I ever packed was a 2 litre bottle of Ice Tea filled with Jack Daniels. Never even really drank most of it cause I never wanted to go to the room to fill up, so I spent a ton of money at the bars after all. I know its not that crazy cause lots of people do it, so that is why I want to hear about the crazy things other people bring. The crazier the better. Lets hear it!!!

I can say the craziest thing we have ever bought....

While we were in port in Key West my fiancee saw a "clothing store". I occupied the four kids while he shopped.

I am really suprised we made it though security with all the metel on that piece of um.... clothing. Glad the ship security didn't ask what was in the bag. We would have had a lot of explaining to do to the kids..... :)

Bobbie <----who just buys crazy stuff, doesn't bring it.

Carol.............How do you know 'bout, BOB ???:D

Oh, my gosh, I hope it's not what I think it is.............:eek:

Rick

LOL Rick, Carol beat me to it, yes BOB (battery operated boyfriend) :D ;)

If she does pack it, please remind her to remove the batteries.....I have heard some stories about "it" accidently going off during the security process :eek:

###

LOL Rick, Carol beat me to it, yes BOB (battery operated boyfriend) :D ;)

If she does pack it, please remind her to remove the batteries.....I have heard some stories about "it" accidently going off during the security process :eek:

###

Going "OFF" during security process??????? OMG, that could "really be embarrassing..........:D :D

As I stood in line to board Explorer a few years ago, I saw a family carrying 2 large, fluffy flowered comforters in the plastic zip-up bags you purchase them in!

They must have seen one of those million Dateline features that tells us that comforters on cruises and in hotels are full of nastiness. It's not something I think about because in order to be properly outraged, I would need for them to come to my house and test my own bedding and I am in no way prepared for that! :eek:

I think the craziest thing I've ever packed is... separate shoes to go with every evening outfit I brought along. Not only did I only wear one or two pair of the shoes, I also never wore all of the outfits. After being in port on my feet all day, or relaxed from a day at sea, the last thing I wanted to do was wear a pair of uncomfortable "new" shoes.

Sometimes, ya gotta wonder just what all is in those huge piles of luggage people haul along.

I think the craziest thing I've ever packed is... separate shoes to go with every evening outfit I brought along.

Sometimes, ya gotta wonder just what all is in those huge piles of luggage people haul along.

My DW packs a suitcase with nothing but shoes!!! Not the large case, but larger than a carry-on.:D Me........a pair of shoes for my tux, good walking shoes, sandals and semi formal shoes. Now that I think about it, that's a lot.:eek:

Last time American Airlines charged me for my suitcase cause it was too heavy. I had 9 pair of shoes, yes 9 pairs. And, I am a guy. Imagine that. The nerve or them to charge me cause my suitcase weighed almost 70 pounds.

I packed an old radio that barely works so DH could hear the Patriots v. Chargers football game tomorrow after we board. I was afraid RCCL's network wouldn't carry any football games. I would have thought that they would carry the local team (PATS) on tv when we depart from Boston.

Last time American Airlines charged me for my suitcase cause it was too heavy. I had 9 pair of shoes, yes 9 pairs. And, I am a guy. Imagine that. The nerve or them to charge me cause my suitcase weighed almost 70 pounds.

I'm a female and I don't even own 9 pairs of shoes! :)

###

Yes, premature operation can be a cause of disappointment. :D

Dave

We just went on the Caribbean Princess last month and had read a lot of threads about how bad the coffee is on Princess, so we took our own coffee maker! It was our first Princess cruise. I ordered a coffee maker that brewed 2 - 14oz insulated mugs and we took our dunkin donuts coffee. Turned out that on the Lido buffet, the coffee was undrinkable, but room service and the dining room were fine. The coffee maker was great though and we will probably take it from now on with us just because it was so convenient.

Archived