Requesting Port Canaveral Parking Recommendations

Hi. I will be sailing very soon. I greatly need help regarding parking for my upcoming cruise. :) Please provide me with any information or recommendations for parking at or in close proximity to Port Canaveral. I am trying to find a reasonable daily parking rate at the port or a reasonable parking rate near the port with convenient/reliable transport from the parking facility to Port Canaveral. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Happy Sailing!

We also used Park N Cruise many times and have been pleased. Used the Radisson once and had a bad experience. We generally don't park at any hotel as we have a long drive home ( 8 hours) and don't want to waste time shuttling back to the hotel to get the car. Park N Cruise ( or the port) is more convenient.

More recently I have found that several hotels have a rate plan with a 40% off PORT parking. We find this to be the best option for us.

Good luck

M

Thanks so much for the responses that were received about port parking. We will be staying at a resort the night before the cruise. So, I will check with the resort about parking and shuttle availability and also the other parking places that were recommended. Hopefully this will result in the best, convenient, and quality deal. :) 8 Days Until Great Cruising! :D

Also check Park Port Canaveral.......it is based at the Radisson just a mile from the port.

This is the company we have used and will use again in January. Heads up though keep checking the rate because throughout the year they have 4.95 and 5.95 specials. We first booked at 8.95 per day and with a summer special rebooked at 5.95.

Also you keep your keys, which always made us feel a bit better. Plus the drivers always give a bit of an informative talk about the area and tips while on the cruise. They are very engaging and I honestly just cant speak well enough for this company lol, each time we have used them they are just so professional.

Those of you who have done offsite parking, how long does the shuttle take to get to the port? It seems like the distance isn't very far, but from reviews I've been reading there are often long wait times to board the shuttle bus. Also what has the wait been like after getting off the ship? If I want to be at the port at noon, what time would you recommend I arrive at the parking lot?

We have used the Park Port Canaveral from the Radisson many times. I cannot speak for later in the day because we usually do self assist and are off fairly early.

But our experience is the shuttle is always waiting when we get off and they try to make sure an empty shuttle is pulling in as the full one pulls out.

Also note......Port Canaveral (parking at the terminal) charges you for the day you enter AND the day you leave so for a 7 day cruise you will pay for 8 days. But for the convenience of having your car right there may be worth the cost.

Hope you have a great cruise!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

The following link is for port canaveral parking

http://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking.

Half way down you will find a link for local hotels that offer 40% port parking. ( Yes I did see that you said you would being spending the night before at a resort.) I have just paid the port rate because it was more important to be in my car at 0810 hours than to be standing on line waiting for a shuttle. In the past i have done the off site parking and found it to be hit or miss with having an available shuttle and my car ready to go. I have a 14 hour ride home and yes that extra hour makes a difference at the end of the night. To me it has become just the cost of the trip. I am not happy about it but have come to accept it. Best of luck what ever you choose.

Only two days left before sailing, so we had to go ahead and "dive in" and make a final decision (pun intended) :). We were able to pre-pay for 5 days of parking online at Park Port Canaveral. The total cost was $37.00 ($6.95 per day plus tax). The site indicated that the shuttles transport passengers to Port Canaveral, which is 2.9 miles away, every 15 minutes and that online registration will offer the best deal. I am very appreciative for all of the wonderful parking recommendations and help. The Cruise Critic site and members have been an amazing resource during my information gathering process as a new cruiser! :D Happy Cruising!