So Confused!! UBP, Specialty Dining, SUMMER 2015 PROMO??

MouseGal

We booked our Thanksgiving cruise on the JADE, first time on NCL (all my previous cruises have been Carnival and Princess), and we got the Promo that included the Ultimate Beverage Package (as it was called then), Free Specialty Dining, 250 Minutes Internet and Prepaid Gratuities (we booked a PH Suite, so all of these are included) --- and THEN came all the changes, AND all I read about on this board are the ESCAPE and the GETAWAY...

HELP!!!

When I board next week, what exactly am I going to find on the JADE??? Are there now charges for room service?? (I keep seeing something about 7.95 for room service -- is this on every ship?) And the UBP now has gratuities added? And the specialty restaurants are a la carte now?

I just can't figure out from this board if these changes are fleet-wide, or if they only apply to specific ships....

It is still called the UBP, and since you are in a suite, you didn't pay any gratuities up front, and you will not pay any auto-gratuities on board. Just enjoy your free drinks!

Room service is now $7.95, except for free continental breakfast in the morning, but again because you are in a suite, it is free for you all the time. There are some "special occasion" items on the room service menu that cost extra, but if you stick to the regular menu, it is free for you.

The specialty restaurants on the Jade still have a flat cover charge, not à la carte (except for the sushi bar, which was always à la carte).

I don't know when you booked exactly, but the daily service charge may have gone up since then, now $15.50 per person per day for suite guests, but since you got free stateroom gratuities as a perk, passengers 1 and 2 have nothing more to pay. If you have more passengers in the cabin, and you booked when the rate was lower than $15.50, you can pre-pay for everyone else at the old rate.

Yes, there have been some changes, but none of the ones you mentioned actually concern you… So that's good news. Have a great cruise and Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Room service is now $7.95, except for free continental breakfast in the morning, but again because you are in a suite, it is free for you all the time. There are some "special occasion" items on the room service menu that cost extra, but if you stick to the regular menu, it is free for you.

So my daughter and grandson, who are in an aft balcony, would have a charge for room service...

The summer promo included the Specialty Dining Package for Suite Guests for 4 nights, and it was my daughters Promo choice for her room, so we shouldn't have any charges for those restaurants, is that correct?

So my daughter and grandson, who are in an aft balcony, would have a charge for room service...

The summer promo included the Specialty Dining Package for Suite Guests for 4 nights, and it was my daughters Promo choice for her room, so we shouldn't have any charges for those restaurants, is that correct?

No charges for those restaurants.

For your daughter and grandson, continental breakfast room service is still free (certain hours I believe). There is a $7.95 charge for all other room service.

Make sure you print everything out and bring it with you on your cruise.

This way you will have no problems with all the changes.

Yikes.

I'm on same cruise as the OP. You'll be fine, you got a very good package and as far as I can recall there are no dining options on Jade which would not be covered on SDP. The poster above gave you good info.

No need to show up to cruise prepared for a courtroom style drama. You're going on vacation, not Perry Mason.

Edited by txagfan