Mariner Status on Holland America

lcimba

So, it would seem that you expect Carnival Corp to apply the benefits you like to all the family cruise lines. What about the policies you don't like? If Carnival Corp applied all the same policies to all of the family cruise lines, then there would be no difference between the cruise lines, would there? The food would be all the same, the suite benefits, etc...

Not much about Carnival appeals to us. We don't want to sail on Carnival, or a cruise line that is like Carnival. We are happy Carnival Corp doesn't make all the family cruise lines the same.

I don't expect it, I stated it was too bad they didn't. A bit of a difference there.

I didn't insinuate all policies should be the same, I stated too bad they didn't apply "this" policy.

My favourite line is HAL but we are all about itinerary and price point. I've sailed on many lines when the price was good for the itinerary we wanted.

Even if the policies were the same, the lines would be different and targeted to a demographic. The crowd on a Carnival ship doing a Norwegian fjord cruise is very different than a 5 day Bahamas cruise, and even better at 1/2 the price of a RC or HAL cruise for the same Fjord itinerary.

Edited by CHOPPERTESTER

Happy to hear you will get the benefits on your second cruise. According to Mariners Society rules, you should. Be sure to go to the Front Office as suggested. :)

Good evening Sails!

Just chiming in! That was the same for us last March on our b2b Carribean Cruise!

On our 2nd half we had to go up to front office when we became 4 start on the first part of our cruise. We were then able to get the perks of 4 star!

Have a great evening!

Denise:)