Baltic Star Cruise and Touring Copenhagen

med02

We are anticipating cruising on the Star next July 14 and have a question on touring Copenhagen. I am interested in hearing from someone who has taken this cruise, the one that stops for visits to Berlin. We want to spend sufficient time touring Copenhagen. I am somewhat confused how the tour ends in Copenhagen. Is the last day of the cruise a full day to tour Copenhagen, and then you overnight on board and disembark the next a.m.? We were thinking of arriving early to have a full day before the cruise, but am wondering if we should stay an extra day after the cruise also? Just started the research process and thought this board would advise us on how much time the cruise allows in Copenhagen. Thanks for your info!

Med02,

I was on the Star Princess this past August. This is an awesome cruise. Very port intensive & exhausting, but, worth every second.

There is loads to see & do in Copenhagen. If you have the time to arrive early or stay late I think you will enjoy yuor stay.

Enroute to Copenhagen the ship makes a stop in Helsingor, only those on tours can disembark.

You arrive to Copenhagen at approx. 1pm. and yes, you are there overnight.

The day of disembarkation you may be able to do some touring if you have a late flight.

Here are links to my cruise review & photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sunprincess8

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12514

I have several photo albums from the cruise. There is one specifically for Copenhagen.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=433208970

There are also 2 other reviews from CC members on our cruise as well.

Suron has written a review from an English pax point of view, and DCL1710 also has a review.

Good Luck. I know you shall enjoy the Baltic :)

Cathy

You will LOVE this cruise! I would suggest that you go a day early and visit Copenhagen. This is a port intensive cruise and by the 9th and 10th day you might overlook some of the beauty of Copenhagen. Take extra walking shoes. Next to Alaska this has been one of our favorite vacations ever.:)

I agree wholeheartedly that you should tour Copenhagen before your Baltic cruise if at all possible. We spent 2 1/2 days in Copenhagen before our cruise and enjoyed it. Some of our table mates who were touring Copenhagen a day or so after the cruise were regretting it because, as others have said, this is a port-intensive itinerary and we were pretty worn out by the time we returned and we were glad to be heading home.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, Lorraine and myself(Michael) will also be getting off of the Star on the 14th. I started a roll call for our 4th of July sailing so please post your thoughts and ideas there when you can.

PS. Do you know how to sign up for the Cruise critic party for this cruise? I have done it before for a Celebrity cruise but this will be my first Princess cruise.

We did that itinerary last May and I agree with others' recommendations to spend a few days in Copenhagen before the cruise, rather than after. I'm not sure where you're coming from, but arriving early will give you a chance to adjust to the jet lag, as well as spending some time in lovely Copenhagen. (Adjusting to the time zone is important, because you lose even more hours on the cruise, and it is such an intensive itinerary!)

We arrived about 2.5 days early and that amount of time seemed just right without feeling rushed. You can save a few things to do when you return to Copenhagen at the end of the cruise.

MTemple: On our cruise, there was nothing to sign up for. A CC get-together was posted in the Princess Patter by the cruise director -- just watch for it. For us, it was on the day after sailaway (the first and only day at sea on our itinerary) at around 11:00 am.

Cynthia, thanks for your reply and info. We are arriving early in Copenhagen prior to our cruise and are staying close to Tivoli. We are really looking forward to this cruise as my wife has always wanted to do this one. Anyone else out there going on the July 4th cruise??

• 2 weeks later...

We will be arriving in Copenhagen a couple days early in August for our Baltic cruise. We want to tour the city before our cruise. We will be going on the Princess Star the 23rd of August. Can anyone suggest an good hotel to stay at. We would like at least an 3* we two beds. Thank you all for your help. I am trying to get everything together. Still checking on airfares. Hoping they will go down some.

Delores

Check out the Square. It's a 3 star hotel and is only a couple of years old and is the only 3star that is air conditioned. On every site I saw them on, they didn't have any openings but then I emailed them and they let me reserve a room that way. They are real close to Tivoli and within walking distance to the train station.

I went on another on-line company and found the square hotel.It looks like a really nice hotel. One time it said no rooms available for the dates that I needed, then opened another web site and there were rooms available, go figure.:confused: I need two beds for my friend and me. Thank you.

Delores

• 4 weeks later...
HI, Lorraine and myself(Michael) will also be getting off of the Star on the 14th. I started a roll call for our 4th of July sailing so please post your thoughts and ideas there when you can.

PS. Do you know how to sign up for the Cruise critic party for this cruise? I have done it before for a Celebrity cruise but this will be my first Princess cruise.

Was on Star Princess on the Baltic trip in August and we organised our Roll Call get-together for the one sea day. One of the Roll Call members e-mailed John Lawrence and he arranged for the meeting to be included in the Daily Patter. We used the Wheelhouse Bar at around midday (giving some people time to get over their jet-lag!). We chatted over drinks and nibbles provided by Princess and John came along with his lovely wife Liz and it was great fun getting to know everyone and have the chance to talk to John who gave us so many useful tips. He is in our view the best CD we have encountered in all our cruises.

For those who have not seen it already I have posted a review at www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberrevies.cfm?Entry ID=12469

Another member of the Roll Call Sunprincess has also written a review and she has some wonderful photos at community.webshots.com/user/sunprincess8

Good luck with all your planning

Suron

• 1 month later...

Archived