Niagara Falls package?

fue-fue

Has anyone done the package offered by cruise companies?

Spend 3 nights at Niagara Falls, 2 nights in New York & sail home on Queen Mary (or the trip the opposite way around).

your thoughts & experiences please.

We are thinking about going in September & it would be our 2nd visit to New York.

#

Thanks

Edited by fue-fue

I live about 60 miles from N.F. and have been to both the American and Canadian side several times.

Without a car, I'm not sure what one would do there for 3 nights. September can be beautiful but I'd want to be able to drive along the gorge, go to the small town Niagara-on-the-Lake, visit a winery. Strolling along the Falls and taking the Maid of the Mist won't take up more than one day. Then again, two down days there would give you an opportunity to adjust to the time change.

Also keep in mind that there are several hotels on the Canadian side which offer full service gambling and operate 24/7. So if your body time is way off, you can find something to do in the middle of the night :D

If you are on the Canadian side (which is prettier) there is the bus system you can use and visit the Butterfly Conservatory and the gardens. There are LOTS of wineries in the area with plenty of tours and I vote for Niagara-on-the-Lake:Dbut then when it comes to this very historic and pretty town I am prejudiced.