Autistic teen - Chankanaab Dolphin swim question

batt01

My daughter (age 15, with autism) would like to swim with dolphins. I am thinking of booking her and my husband on the "Push, Pull, Swim" excursion at the Dolphin area at Chankanaab. My question is: I know that they will be in a group of 10 - 15 others doing the same thing. She might take a little more time than the others to understand instructions, or to get used to the water, etc. Will this hold back others in our group? Generally, people are very patient with her, but it's not a cheap excursion, and seeing that she generally needs a little more time to adjust than most, it might cut in to other's time, which we would not want to do.

Having said that - I'm wondering if they make accomodations for those with special needs? Any advice?

Thanks!

I can't answer your questions but I see you don't have any responses on this board. Have you tried the Disabled Travel and Family Cruising boards on CC?

Hope you get an answer to your question. I'm not sure the park would be able to understand the question, but you might try their website and contact them. Otherwise, if you go, just take the guide(s) aside a moment and try to explain to them.

My daughter (age 15, with autism) would like to swim with dolphins. I am thinking of booking her and my husband on the "Push, Pull, Swim" excursion at the Dolphin area at Chankanaab. My question is: I know that they will be in a group of 10 - 15 others doing the same thing. She might take a little more time than the others to understand instructions, or to get used to the water, etc. Will this hold back others in our group? Generally, people are very patient with her, but it's not a cheap excursion, and seeing that she generally needs a little more time to adjust than most, it might cut in to other's time, which we would not want to do.

Having said that - I'm wondering if they make accomodations for those with special needs? Any advice?

Thanks!

I can't help directly either but second the suggestion to try the forum Crew suggested.

Also perhaps you could try the "live chat" on the dolphin discovery website? Good luck with finding the answers you need and hope she enjoys the day!