MSC Divina - Worst Experience Ever!!!

1fathiker

Wow, this title was a little scary. Especially since we're booked our first MSC cruise, and chose Divina. We can't back out either, because we're past the point to get a full refund.

I'm just hoping that this cruiser went, having more expectations than we are.

Wow, this title was a little scary. Especially since we're booked our first MSC cruise, and chose Divina. We can't back out either, because we're past the point to get a full refund.

Don't worry about it. My Wife and I were on our first MSC cruise last month on the Preziosa (sister ship) and loved it. Ship was stunning and entertainment was far better than our usual cruises on Celebrity or Princess.

Good morning 1fathiker,

WE ARE EXPERIENCED CRUISERS.....

no offence,but how experienced are You,on which lines? which lines You are comparing with?

THE LACK OF SANITATION.........SANITIZERS EMPTY OR BROKEN.....

using the sanitzers is the guests responsibility,not MSC.

if they are empty,they were used a lot,and it's MSC responsibility to refill and replace the broken onces. You have a point here.

the sanitation on MSC ships is as good as on any luxe lines although there

are more noro virus out breaks on luxe and semi luxe lines and none on MSC !!

i saw the same things as You described on every ship (tongs)

GUEST SERVICES ARE EXTREMELY RUDE.......

YOU SAW......but as You probably know that the responce depends (mostly) on the way You address to them.

but even then,the staf must be calm and polite ( again You have a point here )

during my almost 40 cruises,i never was treated in a rude way.

THE NOXIOUS SMELL......OUR HALLWAY ON DECK 9

AND IN OUR ROOM !!!

its hard to believe that they paint Your cabin while you'r in it.it's possible that they paint the wood with varnish on your balcony and on the ship,and that smells ( the white paint they use does not smell )

the maintenance teams are allways busy with painting on every ship.

as an experienced cruiser You must have seen that before.

IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND AN AREA WITHIN THE SHIP WHERE WE COULD NOT SMELL THE FUMER.

realy,on a more than 300meter long ship whit how many floors?

not even in open air at see?

how can You explain that Beamafar who was on the same cruise on the same ship and on the same floor (as i understand ) dit smelled nothing?

CRUISE FROM HELL.....

i was expecting a comment about the very bad food,dirty plates lack of service,no place to sit,shows not worth seeing, overpriced and things like that...

but no comment on those,although thats a matter of taste,and if so i respect that.

all world problems sink into nothingness if we get a speck of dust in our eye

was there really nothing good?

don't become the pessimist who said "i had fun once,its was awful":eek:

have a nicer cruise:)

Gilbert

I have cruised numerous times on MSC (including Divina) and my experience was so vastly different from yours!!

Plus - in my opinion - your 3 reasons do not add up to a cruise from hell! What about all the other events, experiences, meals, shows etc you could have enjoyed??

(Axe to grind?)

Dont worry, you will have a wonderful time. The Divina is still at the TOP of our cruise experiences, please find my review from last year. She is a great ship, with a great crew.

1fathiker's review became suspicious to me with "the two gangplanks, which were simultaneously used for embarkation". CBP does not allow embarkation until the ship has reached a zero count. In other words, all passengers accounted for and off the ship. Which by the way, is one of the main reasons for delayed embarkation - guests think they can stay onboard all day.

Bret

While we are waiting for OP to return , are we allowed to speculate over whether this is a case of them being refused compensation for the "nightmare" smells . I wonder how often these terrible reviews are the result of the aggrieved person not getting everything they feel entitled to .

My wife and I were on the same cruise and although we had a few issues as detailed below, it was a far stretch from "the worst experience ever"

This was our 6th MSC cruise and the food was by far the worst we have had, with ultra small portions and poor cuts of meat / fish. The food was consistently cold and there were also a few courses less, with very few pasta, ravioli and risotto dishes.

The embarkation at Barcelona was a complete shambles and MSC should be ashamed that their organisation was so poor, or "their lack of organisation was so good".

We were also on the 9th deck and although we had a few issues with the cleanliness of our balcony we didn't experience any over powering fumes, although there was as always quite a bit of painting and smartening up going on throughout the ship.

St Thomas immigration was also a complete joke. We were not cleared until after 2pm and there were still announcements for stragglers after 4pm. All in all a lost day.

This is our 4th time clearing customs including the maiden Divina transatlantic a few years ago with Dave (hope things are good with you Dave, long time no speak) and we have always been cleared before 11am.

Don't know what happened this time, but considering the lack of organisation in other areas I would be very surprised if MSC were not to blame.

The shows in the theatre were not great, same old, same old, although we thought the entertainment in some of the bars was better than usual.

Wheeled our own bags off at Miami after the 3 hours of waiting last time and by the sound of things that was a wise move.

But all moaning aside, you get on with it and overall we had a pretty good time and as always with MSC, we got good value for the cost of the cruise.

We turned black members on this cruise, it's just a same the more important perks of that level have been taken away from us.

Hi Pete ... Yes it has been a long time, hope you are both doing ok ? more than can be said for that team of ours!

Our last cruise was Venice to Dubai on Orchestra last year, had hoped to be on it again now headed to the Caribbean but things changed and it had to be missed.

Sound like nothing has changed much compared to the original TA and that nothing has been learned, not in any rush to reach Black any longer despite only being a short cruise away from it, no incentive to want to any longer.

You can always drop me a line at the address below would be interested in your current thoughts on MSC.