Rough Week on Oasist

Sherri914

We were an hour late pulling in to port this morning. The captain just announced that at 3:45 this morning, they spotted a small boat flashing SOS - two people were aboard and their boat had broken down. We rescued them and brought them aboard. We were 7am pulling back into port Everglades.

We were an hour late pulling in to port this morning. The captain just announced that at 3:45 this morning, they spotted a small boat flashing SOS - two people were aboard and their boat had broken down. We rescued them and brought them aboard. We were 7am pulling back into port Everglades.

Thanks for the update!

Longest self assist lines I've ever seen getting off today. Just made it out of the building and we were in line before 7. Luggage was just starting to come off as we were leaving Customs.

Yikes, I was worried self assist has become too popular.

Longest self assist lines I've ever seen getting off today. Just made it out of the building and we were in line before 7. Luggage was just starting to come off as we were leaving Customs.

Thank you for your review. Can't wait to for our turn in 3 weeks!

Thanks for your review! What a difference one week makes - I was checked in at FLL - and we didn't do self assist - by 8:20. Of course, you stopped to help another boat. You never know...

And this is why everyone should be leery of booking a super early flight out of FLL. People who were ahead of us in custom line were missing their flight for sure. They'd been in self assist line at 6:30 trying to make a 9:00(ish) flight. We were still in Customs line after 8am! No way they were making their flight. It happens! When things are perfect, early flights are definitely doable. But not if anything goes wrong. Who could've predicted us rescuing stranded boaters at 4am!

We were on the same itinerary the 14th - 21st and I agree about the rolling seas. On the way to Nassau it got better once we were more in the Caribbean, but coming home the first at sea day was a real rocker! We did FOS Western last year this time and it was much more calm. Still had a great cruise!