Attire for men in dining room

bcsurvivor05

Absolutely shorts are great for non formal nights.

No cut offs, short shorts and basketball type shorts are allowed.

But nice shorts are perfect.

We go on a cruise to relax and if you want to wear shorts, relax and wear shorts.

With the airlines charging so much for luggage, it cuts down on packing as well.

It's Carnival. Wear whatever you want. They don't care. never saw anyone turned away for "attire"

They did on the Breeze on our 10/10 to 10/18 cruise. We were waiting to get in and they turned away several people that were to casually dressed on cruise elegant night.

Edited by tlw440

It's Carnival catering to whatever. They don't care anymore. Some people on the Triumph recently thought it was cute to wear their bathrobes on elegant night, and were not refused to enter the dining room.

Real Class of People!

I take comments, like this, with a whole big dose of skepticism. I have cruised a bit and have NEVER seen gym shorts, wife beaters, swimwear, sleepwear, or robes on casual nights much less elegant nights....but then I don't bother to watch people as they enter the dining room since I'm too busy having fun at our table with our friends and family.

Just cruised on the Sunshine.. cruise #18..and we saw it all in the MDR.. cut off's,wife beaters, and I am completely serious a women in a bathing suit with no cover up.. this was YTD and the maitre d was a joke, he was clueless. We sail on her again in May I called as soon as we got off and changed our dining time to Late seating in hopes it is better.

Yes dress shorts and t shirt on non formal nights and long pants and polo on formal night. Most ships will let most people in but not only Carnival, RCCL last week let in short and cut off shirts on formal night. I guess all are letting dress code go.