Norway In June

Happy People

Looking to cruise to Norway in June has anyone been that time of year what is the weather like ??

How cold is it do they got a lot of rain ??

Also are the ports wheel chair friendly my wife has got limited mobility so she does need a wheel chair

Any advice appreciated

Assume that it will be wet but also sunny. I've been in Tromso in June when it has been 70F with blue skies. The same cruise visited Bergen where it was wet and dull. So, a bit like the UK - unpredictable:)

Some ports you dock in the centre of the town so wheelchair access is probably good. Stavanger seemed to be wheelchair friendly. Bergen you usually dock a short distance from the town so you may need taxi if shuttle won't take the wheelchair. Some of the smaller ports have cobbles. You may find access difficult in some locations e.g. Greigs house and some car parks in the mountains were gravel surfaces.

For me, June or July is the best time to visit. You get up to 24 hours of daylight depending on how far north you go, so plenty of deck time in the evenings.

We went in June this year ...the weather was unusually cold most days but it was sunny and we had a warm day in stavanger....... we were told that their summer had been delayed by about 3 weeks but we were expecting it to be cold ...We only had one day of drizzle but it didn't spoil it ...the scenery is spectacular and I wouldn't hesitate to book in June again :-)

We went in June and had varied weather, sunny, cloudy, warm, chilly, showers. We really didn't mind as the coldest it was, was about 15c during the day and we had gone prepared regards clothing, you need to take layers and waterproofs.

We live in London and June is our preferred month for holidays in Northern Europe as the days are long.

We went in June this year for 7 nights. Got sunburnt in Stavanger, then cold and cloudy the other ports. Our guide in Geiranger told us that the previous week it had still been snowing quite heavily, but the same week the year before it had been 20 degrees! Pot luck really.

Have been in May and July and it was sunny and bright. Rainy in Bergen when I visited there

Gerainger is a tender port unless you are on a ship using the seawalk - not sure if P&O ships use this as both times I have been on Celebrity Eclipse. The seawalk would be loads easier with a wheelchair

This last June/July was, according to locals, the worst weather since records began. It was cool/cold our entire trip and Geiranger was a total washout with low cloud reducing visibilty to about 50 yds, strong winds in Stavanger nearly stopped us berthing but we were on Celebrity Eclipse whose azipods make it exceptionally maneuverable, an MSC ship behind us decided not to try berthing.

However as you will see from my signature we have not lost faith in the Fjords, but we are going later in summer next year.

Yes, the weather is changeable. I have also known, sunny days, and rainy days.

Concerning the wheelchair. My wife uses one.bergan has a dedicated wheelchair

Shuttle. Perhaps ten minutes. Stevanger ,berths right in the town. There are

Cobbles around the cathedral, also somewhat hilly. But not too bad.

Gerangar is a tender port. Forgive my spelling of place names!

Alasund again right in the town. Olden, a lovely quiet place, usually

Alongside, but can be a tender port. The other northern ports, have not been

To. Going back next year early August. Like Norway very much. Once you

Have seen it, you will want to return.