Question for Rev. Neal & or Church Goers

LHC

I echo Peaches ... google is one of the best ways to find out things like this. I have never been to St. Croix, so I can't say what might be available there. I do know that HAL provides both Protestant and Roman Catholic Christmas services aboard ship.

If you are members of a church that is part of a large denomination, you might ask your pastor/priest if he/she has a directory that has the information you seek. Or you could search your church's national website. For example, as an Episcopalian, I just tried this site:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/index_new.htm

and kept clicking on links until I found the following:

http://www.episcovi.org/parish

Carol Louise

HAL has returned to making port stops in St. Croix? I hadn't noticed them adding it back to itineraries. We've had some fun there. I hope they've worked out the issues that made all the ships stop going to St. Croix.

Google is the answer... :)

And the ship service is the answer too....

There are some noted churches in the Caribbean and if you find one on St Croix go to it. Else do the ship thing.

Also look outside your brand of religion, St. Croix or some other islands have noted churchs.

Myself, I only do the Church of the Cruise Ship Balconey Chair with the Coffee Ritual... :D:D:D

High crime that (some report) the local authorities were not acknowledging or doing what the cruiselines thought was enough to curb. They went from having hundreds of port call days a year to about 11 .....Princess, Carnival, HAL etc all stopped going.

It makes me think it is again safe or the cruiselines would not head back there unless they were satisified the problems have been well addressed.

I'd be happy to return there if I knew safety was not anymore of an issue there than anywhere else in the Caribbean/World.

High crime that (some report) the local authorities were not acknowledging or doing what the cruiselines thought was enough to curb. They went from having hundreds of port call days a year to about 11 .....Princess, Carnival, HAL etc all stopped going.

It makes me think it is again safe or the cruiselines would not head back there unless they were satisified the problems have been well addressed.

I'd be happy to return there if I knew safety was not anymore of an issue there than anywhere else in the Caribbean/World.

For you and your daughter's safety please avoid going to a local church. Some locals may harbor resentment against wealthy tourists and this island has experienced attacks upon visitors (including murders) in the past. I am very sorry to have to post this kind of warning.

• 5 weeks later...

Please ignore bdmarine's statement about avoiding a local church. I live here and can tell you the island has some beautiful churches you should be able to attend for Christmas services. Follow the advise from earlier posters and look up churches per your religious preference. People here are very friendly and welcoming. I hope you enjoy your visit to the island. It is beautiful here during the holidays. Although there may be much closed because of the holidays you will still be able to enjoy the island. My only advise is not to wear a lot of jewelry and dress too flashy. People here are conservative, although they love to dress up for church. Enjoy your holiday cruise!

As you are local any suggestions?

My daughter goes to the methodist church and I go to a Southern Baptist affliation but we are basically just looking for a Christian Service on Christmas (Catholic churches are normally beautiful).

Linda

As you are local any suggestions?

My daughter goes to the methodist church and I go to a Southern Baptist affliation but we are basically just looking for a Christian Service on Christmas (Catholic churches are normally beautiful).

Linda

Archived