Booked early with no frills

janymac

We booked through our PCC and now see that they are offering all the frills, when we ask our PCC they say they cannot help us. I am at a loss and cannot understand why they cannot add one of the packages to our reservation. Is this normal? Should we call NCL directly to see if they can add one?

I'm wondering if I need to change my PCC..

Thanks.

janymac:p

We booked through our PCC and now see that they are offering all the frills, when we ask our PCC they say they cannot help us. I am at a loss and cannot understand why they cannot add one of the packages to our reservation. Is this normal? Should we call NCL directly to see if they can add one?

Thanks.

When is your cruise? What is the price now relative to when you booked?

Not yet for the final payment but soon, I think it is close to what we paid.

We get the "you may lose your room or I will try to get that for you"

I wanted to ask if I am just getting the run around, feel that we are not that important to them. :confused::confused:

When is your cruise? What is the price now relative to when you booked?
Edited by janymac

Thanks.

If you are talking to your PCC then you are already talking to NCL? I don't understand. When is your cruise, what ship? When did you book the cruise. These promotions have been running a long time now.

Go on NCL.com online and bring up your cruise - and see what rooms are available on the same category. Then ask your PCC to cancel and rebook. Then ask him to change to original cabin.

The only thing you'll lose is the extra points you get for booking early.

We did that for our Escape TA!! We played musical cabins!

I prefer to book way in advance thru my online Ta who gives me $75 Obc....of course I have no frills but who the heck wants them!!!!

I'm paying $600 per person tax and port included for 10 days on the gem in January

That same cruise with the so called frills is now approx $900 per pax

Who needs it. Lol. If I want a drink or a specialty I'll just pay for it.

Edited by luvtheships

Thanks.

Yup....that was quite normal with our PCC:rolleyes: so we use other booking channels now.

If you are within final payment and not worried about being having the same room, same price, etc, cancel and rebook directly or via a TA.

We booked 2 cruises for next Nov. on the Spirit and at the time the new promo was not available to us. Then 10 days later, both of our cruises were now able to get the free UDP, so I called our PTA, she made the call and now we have the UDP free (except we had to pay the gratuity).

There was no increase in our cruise $, stayed the same as when we booked, so don't take no for an answer. If anyone says you have to cancel first and re-book I say call bull****, there is no need to do that.

cheers...the Ump...:D

That is what I am getting at and I do not understand that!! Yes, when we booked these were none of what there is now. We also have one booked in 2017 that we were told we cannot get anything as that category is sold out. I love NCL and not knocking them but it seems every time I come and look, everyone is getting upgraded, etc...so do not think I am whining but also do not feel like it was in the good ol days when your PCC was looking out for you. I have asked some things and told for me to call the 1-800 number so why have a PCC if I am supposed to do all the leg work...

We booked 2 cruises for next Nov. on the Spirit and at the time the new promo was not available to us. Then 10 days later, both of our cruises were now able to get the free UDP, so I called our PTA, she made the call and now we have the UDP free (except we had to pay the gratuity).

There was no increase in our cruise $, stayed the same as when we booked, so don't take no for an answer. If anyone says you have to cancel first and re-book I say call bull****, there is no need to do that.

cheers...the Ump...:D

I have three booked in the next two years but will be very diligent the next one and ask a lot more questions before I book!!

I have my Spirit cruise coming up Feb 2016 did not get anything:confused:.

Epic Feb 2017, got the UPD.

Pearl Mar 2017, nothing as the category I booked is sold out, too bad so sad:mad:

Lesson learned on my part!!

Thanks.

We booked ours with no frills either. Though in order to rebook with the frills it would have cost us an extra $1700. We decided the frills weren't worth it for us. We also didn't want to lose the cabin we have.

We booked ours with no frills either. Though in order to rebook with the frills it would have cost us an extra $1700. We decided the frills weren't worth it for us. We also didn't want to lose the cabin we have.

I agree, frills can cost more than they are worth, "free beverage" will have a service charge attached of around $215.00 for a 7 day cruise, not bad really, there is also a dining package surcharge. When they advertise "unlimited dining throughout the cruise" it translates to 4 nights on a 7 day cruise and only 6 nights on a 14 day. NCL has a new definition of "throughout"

I agree, frills can cost more than they are worth, "free beverage" will have a service charge attached of around $215.00 for a 7 day cruise, not bad really, there is also a dining package surcharge. When they advertise "unlimited dining throughout the cruise" it translates to 4 nights on a 7 day cruise and only 6 nights on a 14 day. NCL has a new definition of "throughout"

The service charge on the Beverage Package is $80something and change per person for 7 days. The Dining Package service charge was about $15 per person for 7 days.

Edited by KarenMF

My husband doesn't drink at all and I may have one or two a day. That's one reason it wasn't worth it to us.

Originally Posted by KarenMF View Post

The service charge on the Beverage Package is $80something and change per person for 7 days. The Dining Package service charge was about $15 per person for 7 days.

Sorry, I was looking at my confirmations, its in CND.

Ahhhh - that makes sense then!

My husband doesn't drink at all and I may have one or two a day. That's one reason it wasn't worth it to us.

If I wasn't getting for free (well service charge), I would never buy it, but I WILL drink more than $80something worth of drinks so I finally get to try it out!