Ncl sun 14 days south america

Mhkoo366

Depends what penguins you want to see? :) I always go to Volunteer Point in the Falklands- my preference for the Kings. http://estancia-excursions.com/ I've always gone with them. I highly recommend them.

In Puerto Madryn, I rent a car- which is delivered to the dock for me, and drive to Punta Tumbo for Magellanic penguins. Also tours available from Punto Arenas.

This post will probably be transferred to the South America Port of Call board, which is loaded with information for you.

I'm still on board now. The 2nd day was on the sea, 3rd day was Puerto Montt. I didn't join the cruise shore excursions, instead took minibus from port to Puerto Varas(800cps/per), the same location transferred to another bus to Petrohue(2500cps/per), around the beach had great view of volcano Osorno. I took a local boat (5000cps/per) around the lake. Sitting on the beach wait for cloud over the top of mountain. I got it finally then back to Puerto Varas had lunch at corner of town which has snow mountain as background. No problem to get back on time. Great experience! (I can not speak Spanish, only pointed the name and pictures, then guess what they told me).

The 3rd day is today, took local bus at port Chacabuco, cost 500cps to the town Puerto Aysen, walked through town plaza towards bridge, beautiful view, nice town. Back to port and had a walk around the lake. (The main tour for this port is Coyhaique & Simpson valley, since I went to Coyhaique already one week ago, I skipped this tour. Strongly suggest: fly to BBA, rent a 4X4 drive to Coyhaique have a shot stay then drive down south to Tranquile for Blue Marble Cave! That is the best! If you have time, join one day local tour for Walking on the Ice. This tour need good health, actually great health. Next two days will be on the ship for cruise Patagonic Channel, Chilean Fjords & Strait of Magellan. I believe it would be fantastic!

Sounds like your cruise is going well so far. We will be on that cruise but in reverse in Jan/Feb. Did you see any taxi's in port Chacabuco that we could use to go see the scenery? Or would you just suggest taking the local bus. May I ask how port Chacabuco compares to Puerto Mott? We want to see the beautiful scenery in that part of the world, but don't want to do it on a crowded bus.

Chacabuco is small port, barely has anything besides walk around one mile towards the lake. Enough taxis and private tours outside port for you to join, if you never been to Coyhaique, strongly suggest you go for that tour, not for Coyhaique but for Simpson Valley.

Depends what penguins you want to see? :) I always go to Volunteer Point in the Falklands- my preference for the Kings. http://estancia-excursions.com/ I've always gone with them. I highly recommend them.

In Puerto Madryn, I rent a car- which is delivered to the dock for me, and drive to Punta Tumbo for Magellanic penguins. Also tours available from Punto Arenas.

This post will probably be transferred to the South America Port of Call board, which is loaded with information for you.

I try twice to send them request for 11/30 tour, no answer yet. How long took them to answer you? In Puerto Madryn, which car comp did you use? Can you please give me more info Please? Ty

I try twice to send them request for 11/30 tour, no answer yet. How long took them to answer you? In Puerto Madryn, which car comp did you use? Can you please give me more info Please? Ty

I've used Wild Skies car rental. But there are other rentals available, who shuttle I believe?

Estancia hasn't responded? I would keep trying.

I have read on another thread that in Stanley you can get a local bus/shuttle to Gypsy Cove. It's fairly close to the port. You could even walk it if you like walking, but the large colonies of King penguins aren't there. Magellanic penguins or Gentoo. I've forgotten which ones. The King Penguins are at Volunteer Point. Hopefully you'll also get an opportunity to see penguins at Punta Arenas. Let us know if you could pick up tours from the pier there. I'm booked with estancia. I think I heard back fairly quickly.

Edited by karoo