Oceans eleven

5th November –Quick report back from in-laws recent cruise

Celebration TA , Malaga ,Gibralter,day at sea Funchal then six days at sea to St Johns Antigua,St Maarten,St Kitts,Roseau, St Lucia,Grenada and finally Bridgetown Barbados

They summed it up by saying best holiday they have ever had all the years travelling abroad :)

even wanted to go back to Malaga on the same voyage and not fly home !:eek:

Cabin v good after refurb.,staff brill (as usual in my experience )

but all good things come to an end and they had a brill flight from Bridgetown to Manchester on Dreamliner

only spoke by phone so will try and get more info soon, they did mention the only delay was boarding at Malaga for both guests and staff ? (two hours or so ):confused:

Stephen Guy was on board as a singer (was a CD but left for a while to get married) I do remember him as a CD and he was very professional.

Went to all the shows and said they were top notch :)

Now I fancy doing the same !

Stevie

:)

Hi all,

I'm new to this but I wanted to share my thoughts on this great cruise. Great start with a quick and smooth flight into Malaga from Gatwick on a newish aircraft, 3 flights coming into Malaga all mostly for the cruise.

There was an issue here at LGW in that we were told by those giving us the baggage labels to identify our luggage as cruise luggage, that the luggage would be taken directly to our cabins. I did Croatian Classics in May through Dubrovnik and this happened so didn't think anything of it. In Malaga we walked to find the cruise rep and were led around the houses when the reps realised no one had any luggage! So back we had to go to get our bags for the short transfer to the port.

The issue with embarkation from what I understand is that the ship was in "wet dock"? and there were delays in the authorities giving clearance. So a lot of buses were parked in front looking at a closed ship, until finally all the workmen came off and the Thomson staff were rushing off to set up their check-in desks in the terminal. In total we waited about 40mins on the bus then we joined a queue to pick up our envelopes and then another queue to to the check-in registration. That was annoying as it was very hot inside. Then many were told their cards hadn't registered and to fix it later but ours was ok, only to be told later by reception that they hadn't so that required a trip to reception where we encountered a lot of unhappy customers.

Apart from that my friend and I had the best time, everyone was so happy and positive, the crossing was wonderful, sunny every single day, glorious temperatures, some movement/shakes but we've travelled on Celebration and Spirit before so we know that, did the Trio Package for the A La Carte packages, attended some of the lectures, the Captain's Q&A, the shopping lecture, other than that we just like to sit in a lounge have a drink or sunbathe.

The ports were varied, we pre-booked excursions in Gibraltar and Funchal with Thomson which were very good but did our own thing in the Caribbean. I even did 2 bike rides in St Lucia and Grenada which was exhausting but rewarding.

As usual, the crew were really friendly, saw some crew I had seen in May, we visited Antigua, St Maarten, Dominica, St Kitts, St Lucia, Bequia, Grenada, Barbados.

We were told at the beginning of the cruise that the order of visiting Dominica and St Kitts had to be swapped as there were too many ships in port.

I was apprehensive about the many days at sea, but I would do another one in a flash, it was one of the best holidays I've ever done.

Colbrit