Difficulty getting drinks with the Ultimate Beverage Package

lmontano

Part of the delay in getting quick service is the need to chop down a tree to produce two receipts for each order, unlike Celebrity's 21st century approach of just swiping your key card. A couple of ways around this are as follows:

1. Get to know your bartenders.

2. Tip them from time to time.

3. Order the same drink so that when you take care of numbers 1 & 2, they start preparing your drink when they see you coming/make eye contact/just give them a nod.

4. Order doubles. (And before anybody says you can't do this, see points 1 & 2)

All of the aforementioned greatly enhance the experience of the PDGBP (Pretty Darn Good Beverage Package, but not "Ultimate").

I was also on the Pearl earlier this month like the OP. Some bars were very difficult to get drinks, but I made the martini/champagne bars "my" areas the evening of the first day of the cruise, employed above points 1&2 and a modified 3 (telling them what my next drink would be when one was delivered so I could go down the martini list), and I rarely waited for drinks the rest of the cruise. And I'm still in touch with one of the bartenders I made friends with. :)

We did get mango meltdowns at almost every bar we went to during the day.

Do some bars have more extensive menus for mixed cocktails than others or do you have to know what to ask for?

A mango meltdown sounds yummy, but if it is not on a displayed menu, I would never remember to ask for it by February.

Would it be frowned on for us to order wine from a quiet bar and carry it into the dining room?

Do some bars have more extensive menus for mixed cocktails than others or do you have to know what to ask for?

A mango meltdown sounds yummy, but if it is not on a displayed menu, I would never remember to ask for it by February.

Would it be frowned on for us to order wine from a quiet bar and carry it into the dining room?

Mango Meltdown is a frozen drink that appears on the pool bar menu.