Puerta Vallarta: Dolphin Swim vs Dolphin Encounter?

scrapcreator

Ok I called again

and I was told WE CAN BOOK online.. so hopefully they know what they are talking about... I was also told that it depends on what ship you are coming on if you can do this or not... which i didnt know ..

so wish us luck with booking

melissa

Paul....Ditto...!! Just got back and had the same wonderful experience...booked it on line and thought it was a once in a life time experience....do it on your own...it is a MUCH better deal re time/price/interactions etc.....plan to go back and do it again!!! LuAnn

Nilla...go to puertovallartatours.com and book it there...for $225.00 you get a "trainer for a day" which is 7.5 hours with the dolphins, (ask for Nicole as your guide...she is great) tee shirt, hat, video, picture, lunch, TONS of time with the dolphins, interaction with the VET, preparing the fish for the dolphins, and on and on....this is a experience that you will NEVER forget if you are an animal lover!!!!! LuAnn

Johann....sorry..the website is .net not .com....there (as you know :) ) you'll find the prices etc.!!!! Thanks for your help on this tour...got my cast off and loved every minute of it...I'll talk it up! Don't worry !!! LuAnn

thanks for all the great info on booking the dolphin adventures online. I'm going to try to book mine online. The ship wants $75 per kid and $25 for adults just to watch. Looks like booking online is $54 for the child and nothing for the adults. I was wondering if anyone remembers how much the taxi fare is to the place? And, is PV the place with 2 different color taxis and different prices?

Hopefully I won't get the email saying I have to book on the ship, but even if I do I'll still try to book online.

Susan

We are sailing on Carnival's Pride Feb. 5th and I tried booking on my own through their website. They told me that we had to go through our cruise ship as they were completely booked (the cruise lines do this).

I believe in Mazatlan it's the WHITE cabs that you want. As for Puerto Vallarta I'm not sure? Maybe someone will know!

Try booking at puertovallartatours.net...not the Dolphin Adventures directly...also I have read it is the yellow taxis that are less expensive...we took a white one and it was $25.00 US to get from the dock to the Adventure....LuAnn

If it was $25 each way by taxi, then I might as well book through the ship since it is the same price. Anyone know if the other taxi's are a lot cheaper?

Thanks

Susan

Right there with you... DW will do the trainer for the day next week.

One other note - you'll find it much easier to find online reservations on the Swim With Dolphins for $115 and the Trainer for a Day for $225 than you will with the Dolphin Encounter.

It's based on availability, and because the ship excursions for the longer (and better) activities is SO much money, most ship passengers settle for the Encounter - in turn, the ship buys out the spaces.

The full Swim, or especially the Trainer for a day, are much better than the Encounter - worth the extra $$ for sure, IMHO.

• 8 months later...
Go to wildlifeconnections.com and read the description. The Dolphin Tour is from 9:00 - 12:30 starting at the Marina and includes a light breakfast, snacks for 650 pesos ($62) per person with a 10% discount for booking online. This is actually a research organization and they conduct the tours to help offset their expenses. They track about 350 dolphins in the bay year round and know exactly where they are. They can't guarantee you'll be able to swim with them but state that you will probably get to swim with them. There are lots of babies right now. I'd personally much rather see them in the wild up close rather than swim with them in captivity. There's also the advantage of going out with a marine biologist and really learning about them and the habitat.

The website is actually wildlifeconnection.com and is an excellent alternative to supporting the cruel industry of swimming with captive dolphins in Puerto Vallarta.

Archived