Time when Staterooms are ready.

moniquet

I don't think that is right. I don't believe that can be done.

It definitely can, though I don't suggest it except in extreme cases. Someone on this site took a picture, while doing a "behind the scenes" or something like that tour, of a list posted on a bulletin board showing the cabins that DID take off the tips. You go to customer service and ask for them to be removed. We only did it one time and only took off the tips designated for the MDR. We had assigned seating at that time and the waiter was so rude to me, it was totally unacceptable. We only ate there that one time. In hindsight I wish we had not done that. I did not realize we were stiffing more than just him as those MDR tips are spread around. We should have just insisted we be moved elsewhere. Think that was before "your time" dining.

We give the room steward $50 the 1st day and say more will follow if we are satisfied. We are low maintainence (spelling) I keep the room straight and just want bed made, collapsible ice cooler kept filled, fresh towels, trash removed... I don't bore him with where we are from or ask him personal questions. It says right on their name tag where they are from, all I need to know. I bet we are a refreshing change from the people that really think they give a hoot about anything other than the money they make. They are working for low wages in order to send money home. It just slays me when someone posts, "we always bring our room steward a little gift such as candy, etc.. they appreciate it so much" Really? they get plenty to eat, they want MONEY. Some come from deplorable living conditions. I really feel for them all the brown-nosing that have to do to make so little. But, it is their job and at least they have one cabin they can just come in and do it and not have to bring out the dog and pony show. So, before FTTF, yes, I dropped my bags off. He/she was well compensated. :)

It definitely can, though I don't suggest it except in extreme cases. Someone on this site took a picture, while doing a "behind the scenes" or something like that tour, of a list posted on a bulletin board showing the cabins that DID take off the tips. You go to customer service and ask for them to be removed. We only did it one time and only took off the tips designated for the MDR. We had assigned seating at that time and the waiter was so rude to me, it was totally unacceptable. We only ate there that one time. In hindsight I wish we had not done that. I did not realize we were stiffing more than just him as those MDR tips are spread around. We should have just insisted we be moved elsewhere. Think that was before "your time" dining.

We give the room steward $50 the 1st day and say more will follow if we are satisfied. We are low maintainence (spelling) I keep the room straight and just want bed made, collapsible ice cooler kept filled, fresh towels, trash removed... I don't bore him with where we are from or ask him personal questions. It says right on their name tag where they are from, all I need to know. I bet we are a refreshing change from the people that really think they give a hoot about anything other than the money they make. They are working for low wages in order to send money home. It just slays me when someone posts, "we always bring our room steward a little gift such as candy, etc.. they appreciate it so much" Really? they get plenty to eat, they want MONEY. Some come from deplorable living conditions. I really feel for them all the brown-nosing that have to do to make so little. But, it is their job and at least they have one cabin they can just come in and do it and not have to bring out the dog and pony show. So, before FTTF, yes, I dropped my bags off. He/she was well compensated. :)

If that was before the days of any time dining it may have been, but I don't think it can be done now.

The cabin doors are blocked open until the stewards finish so when not eligible guests leave their luggage, the cabin is not secured.Carnival could simply not allow guests to board until all the cabins are ready. Of course, that would frustrate those who preach "just ignore that suggested boarding time, come as early as you want".

As far as unsecured luggage; when they deliver it and leave it in the hallway isn't that the same thing?

I think they should just lock the doors and not start boarding until all the rooms are ready. Problem resolved. Let FTF board at "whatever" time and then general boarding can begin, say, an hour later.

If that was before the days of any time dining it may have been, but I don't think it can be done now.

Yes, gratuities can be removed and are by a large number of people who overspent elsewhere, need traveling money or are just a$$holes.

The other part of leaving luggage, it that early cabin access is a perk that is earned or bought. But just like at the airport when people try to board before their zone, folks think they should be able to steal the perk.

Yes, gratuities can be removed and are by a large number of people who overspent elsewhere, need traveling money or are just *******

I must ask your source of information for this?

The other part of leaving luggage, it that early cabin access is a perk that is earned or bought. But just like at the airport when people try to board before their zone, folks think they should be able to steal the perk.

What I meant by unattended luggage was, when you get luggage delivery it is just left in the hallway, sometimes for hours, unattended as well. I was not using it to justify breaking the rules, just pointing out that your luggage may be unattended even under normal circumstances.

The cabin doors are blocked open until the stewards finish so when not eligible guests leave their luggage, the cabin is not secured.Carnival could simply not allow guests to board until all the cabins are ready. Of course, that would frustrate those who preach "just ignore that suggested boarding time, come as early as you want".

Even more so that would frustrate those who are Platinum/Diamond or those who paid for FTTF.

Lucky Z- I find it is a crapshoot. You are supposed to get it earlier, but, I seem to get mine at about the same time as I always did. It may be in the 1st wave of deliveries, but also notice others receiving their's that don't have any perks, the same time I do. Just luck of the draw.:)

I think they should just lock the doors and not start boarding until all the rooms are ready. Problem resolved. Let FTF board at "whatever" time and then general boarding can begin, say, an hour later.

Embarkation day is the first day of the cruise. If they don't let you board then they would have to bill the cruise as being less days.

Embarkation day is the first day of the cruise. If they don't let you board then they would have to bill the cruise as being less days.

Let them start boarding when all the rooms are ready. princess does that. embarkation usually begins 11:30 or Noon.

And they advertise cruises by number of nights, not days.

I know I could never be a cabin steward.

After someone just 'Dropped their stuff off and walked away" and they weren't entitled to this service,,, I'd be just "moving it into the hallway while I vacuumed" and forget to place it back into the cabin. :confused:

You then really don't get it. The people who work as stewards are people that come from countries and areas that don't have a lot of money or places to earn a lot of money. So they sacrifice long times away from their families to work for tips to be able to send money back to their families.

And they are pleasant and work hard for the tips we pay them. I'm sure there is a certain amount of biting their tongues and smile as they serve the ungrateful for tips, but I'm sure that most are genuinely very nice regardless.

I am embarrassed for all of you that reduce the tips to these hard working people that make our trips enjoyable and labor free.

Edited by LuckyZ

Obviously you've never walked through the atrium on the last night and see the lines for guest services.

If people are there, it could be any of a thousand reasons, and whatever it is, I can't do anything about it and, frankly, don't care. I'm trying to cram in as much "cruise" as I can on the final night!

If people are there, it could be any of a thousand reasons, and whatever it is, I can't do anything about it and, frankly, don't care. I'm trying to cram in as much "cruise" as I can on the final night!

But listening to the conversations makes for the best comedy show ever on Carnival. Of course, one can stick their fingers in their ear and hum away but the facts are the facts.

Let them start boarding when all the rooms are ready. princess does that. embarkation usually begins 11:30 or Noon.

And they advertise cruises by number of nights, not days.

Even the cruise lines refer to embarkation day as the first day of the cruise.