Express Debarkation Port of Miami

yzabelle74

I'm back from my Glory cruise. I want to thank everyone again for all of your help with self assist. I figured I would give my experience with it.

I booked with SAS for a shared shuttle from POM to FLL. I also had FTTF. So with FTTF I received a letter in my cabin for self-assist to meet in the golden dining room at 7;15 am. We got up at 6 and was at the buffet at 6:20 (which the fun times said would not open until 6:30) and it was open (the buffet in the aft of the ship). We ate and went back to our cabin to get our luggage and headed down the the golden dining room. As we got to the lobby we were told we could leave the ship....did not have to go to the dining room...no line to get off. This was at 7:10 and customs was very quick and we were at the curb calling SAS at 7:15. SAS picked us up at 7:20 and there were already 4 others on the shuttle. We circled twice to pick up a party of 2 each time. The driver did ask what time our flight was and what airline. We were on our way out of the port at 7:40 and on our way to FLL. We arrived at SW at 8:10 checked our luggage at the curb (no line). We then went in and through the security line and was at our gate at 8:40 for a noon flight. I made sure I wrote all of the times down so I would not forget. Not sure if this is the norm and I'm not suggesting to book flights before noon. Just telling my experience.

There will be vans when you get off and will take you to fll or you can reserve a van with QLS or SAS and you should have no problem making your flight.

Most if not all of the vans/shuttles taking walk-up passengers will be going to MIA, not FLL. Strongly suggest reserving the return shuttle in advance, otherwise a taxi may be the only walk-up available, as the vans/shuttles from the handful of companies that go to FLL may already be fully reserved.