When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

I feel the same as you, however I was/am the planner. We sail within the next month, and prepaid the DSC within just the last week. We were still able to pay the original 12.00 a day.

About Margaritaville, it is a big irritant for me since as a family we enjoy just popping down at a venue, some eating some not. Although it won't take the sting out of the whole Margaritaville mess, please pass this on to your cousin. I sent an email last night to DelRio expressing my disgust with the issue along with all the other "changes" within the last 6 months. Thinking nothing would come of it, not even an answer, I said I felt an OBC or a voucher to a specialty restaurant was at least in order. I was quite surprised when within an hour I had a response from one of DelRio's minions saying that he had arranged for the 7 of us to have a meal at Margaritaville.

Although it doesn't change the fact that I still feel like we are being cheated out of what we paid for months ago, at least it resulted in something. Could you please pass the information above to your cousin, perhaps her result could be the same as mine.

Like many others who have voiced their opinion on here, I am disappointed that what was first advertised as a complimentary venue is no longer complimentary. However, while it is great that the 7 in your party are getting your meal taken care of, what about the other 4000+ passengers who are also upset, but did not voice their concerns via email??

I hope this decision gets reversed so everyone can have their "free" meal.

Does the Escape have the poolside BBQ's like they have on the other ships?

Yes, Margaritaville, which is now an a la carte venue. Not that's it's actually a BBQ but it's the only outside venue around the pool area to eat.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

so the same company that owns olive garden is managing Margaritaville - wow, yeah, not gonna expect good food from Margaritaville - Olive Garden, in my opinion, serves TERRIBLE food. In fact, just saw a John Oliver Last Week Tonight episode on Olive Garden, hilarious by the way

Omg Olive Garden is awful ate dinner there once and never again barf

Geri

Are you stalking me? No I complained in my local Facebook group in clearly said if it was a nice big burger I wouldn't mind paying the $7. If you're going to quote me please quote me correctly.

No one has to 'stalk' you. If we're on the same FB page as you, which I am, it's easy to see who you are by your posts.....not that we know if that's your real name or not but we know it's you posting.

Harriet

Are you stalking me? No I complained in my local Facebook group in clearly said if it was a nice big burger I wouldn't mind paying the $7. If you're going to quote me please quote me correctly.

For someone who has so many you tubes it's rather funny that you think someone is stalking you!!!

You are a minor celebrity don't your realize that? Lol

Just an FYI.....that's what happens when you upload personal video to the public domain. Just sayin

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's been said by someone who doesn't know anything, was pulling it out of the air. It was a "maybe that's why" comment. I can't imagine NCL built a new ship and lowered the percentage of staff accommodations compared to other ships.

I'm glad I saw this post because I was ready to reply the same as you. The poster who posted that information was saying MAYBE not Fact but he saw who posted it and it was fact to him, shrug

Geri

No one has to 'stalk' you. If we're on the same FB page as you, which I am, it's easy to see who you are by your posts.....not that we know if that's your real name or not but we know it's you posting.

Harriet

Is this an open fb ncl page?

On a different thread somebody else made a good point y'all didn't complain when Shanghai became free. It's hypocritical to complain about one change and then welcome another. Good Norwegian gives away free stuff everybody's happy but God forbid that decide to become a business and make a little extra money. Y'all talk about the customers wants well I'm a customer and I pay quite a bit for my Cruises and I was fairly upset that I couldn't go to Margaritaville during my 3 day Cruise due to how packed it was constantly. The pay restaurants were never that packed I mean they had quite a few people there but they were never packed. Plus for the people who say the Margaritaville food was so so I'm pretty sure now that it's at a restaurant the quality of the food increases.

One serious quesrion, why are you so happy about paying for a hamburger? Your point should be im ok with it not jumping for joy wahoo I get to pay for something that was supposed to be free. It looks kind of silly to be so excited to pay for a burger on a cruise ship. If your ok with it that's one thing but this excited?

OMG! Well that explains all the bad reviews on the food. So why would NCL choose to pick up something like that? Especially managed by that company? I mean, I think we all pretty much know what they are like...

One serious quesrion, why are you so happy about paying for a hamburger? Your point should be im ok with it not jumping for joy wahoo I get to pay for something that was supposed to be free. It looks kind of silly to be so excited to pay for a burger on a cruise ship. If your ok with it that's one thing but this excited?

If he stayed in the Haven why didn't he have the butler get him Margaritaville food?

His claim to have waited in line multiple hours and not receive any food is just too outlandish for belief.

And when he decides he doesn't really want a $40 hamburger lunch for him and his GF when there are other options on the ship, he can just enjoy the longer lines of those venues due to increased demand.

I've never paid for a hamburger on a ship. This whole thing is dumb.

Glad to see I am not the only one who thinks Olive Garden is the worst haha

Freezer Burned Chicken + Salt + a ladle of olive oil.

I say give it a few years; all the onboard specialties will likely be subcontracted out and be partnerships with frozen food chain companies.

Is this an open fb ncl page?

The page I'm talking about is in regard to the Norwegian Escape. I believe it's a closed group but all one needs to do is click 'join' and in time you will be a member. Very useful info there about this new ship.

Harriet

Harriet

Then send me a message I'm curious to see you