When did Margaritaville become a specialty on Escape?

dna529

I was just checking out the specialty dining options on the Escape trying to decide if I wanted to buy a dining plan and Margaritaville is now listed as a specialty restaurant. No price is listed. Did I miss something??

Edited by dna529

I was just checking out the specialty dining options on the Escape trying to decide if I wanted to buy a dining plan and Margaritaville is now listed as a specialty restaurant. No price is listed. Did I miss something??

There has been quite a bit of talk since the Escape launched that it might have a surcharge - to help with crowds and the long waits.

Last I heard they were "waiting" to see what the regular sailings were like....guess they've decided! :o

They probably did it to cut down on the wait. No it won't go over well since I've had this booked since February and now I need to know if I can use the dining plan to cover it. Going in January and it's time to make decisions. Too many changes that just pop up without any notice!:mad:

Im boarding tomorrow, so if no one else beats me to it, I will post whats going on and the price if there is one. You might know that they start this with my sailing! Story of my life!!!! :mad:

Have a great cruise and let us know!!:)

They probably did it to cut down on the wait. No it won't go over well since I've had this booked since February and now I need to know if I can use the dining plan to cover it. Going in January and it's time to make decisions. Too many changes that just pop up without any notice!:mad:

My guess....and it's only a guess....is that it will be a la carte pricing and NOT covered under any of the dining plans! :mad:

If it has actually gone fee based, the fee will likely be very low, $4.95 was what was being talked about on the transatlantic. If you have the old UDP, hopefully it would be covered, if you have the SDP, it wouldn't make sense to use one meal for this small upcharge.

If it goes a la carte, I agree, it may be like Food Republic and not covered at all.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

The issue I saw on the transatlantic was not a lack of service staff - they were abundant and efficient. The issue was the physical kitchen space just cannot prepare and get out the food in sufficient volume for the size of the venue and the demand. The kitchen needs to be at least twice as big, which at this point is impossible

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

The issue I saw on the transatlantic was not a lack of service staff - they were abundant and efficient. The issue was the physical kitchen space just cannot prepare and get out the food in sufficient volume for the size of the venue and the demand. The kitchen needs to be at least twice as big, which at this point is impossible

Seems odd to me that NCL would have underestimated to popularity by that much! :eek: Something is just not right here......

Oh boy......this isn't going to go over well!! :mad: :eek:

Nor should it. People, myself included, booked with the knowledge that Margaritaville was included. Now they are changing the rules ... again. It is beyond frustrating.

If I had a restaurant that couldn't keep up with the flow of guests coming, I might have considered to expand the staff...

This exactly.

To me it sounds like NCL found out they had a hit with it and decided they could make money on it.

Edited by janpo

From what I've seen, the draw is not the venue since it's just another cookie cutter uptown grill. The attraction is the food - most likely the new variety of options. In lieu of handling the overwhelming demand via a surcharge, I would have preferred they introduce some of the new menu variety at other venues - like the buffet and/or dining rms for lunch/dinner (branded margaritaville entrees).

I wonder what the capacity flow is for the week, and if "first visit is complimentary" would have been enough to disburse the demand across the week.

Regardless, I probably would only hit the venue once or twice in a week. I'm fine for $5 if that eliminates the hassle of overcrowding.

Now, if you mess with District Brew House and UBP, I'll prepare for war. A guy has his limits.

The new menu with pricing was just posted on another site. Burgers $6.99, most sandwiches between $6.99 - $8.99, margaritas $10.95, key lime pie $3.99.

Tracy

Lame. Truly lame on NCL's part. They went from a "cool fun option" to "now u can pretend you're dining at a crappy chain restaurant while aboard!"

I'm a pretty strong advocate of NCL, but can honestly say I'm not a fan of this specific decision or the apparent poor planning that got us here.

Im boarding tomorrow, so if no one else beats me to it, I will post whats going on and the price if there is one. You might know that they start this with my sailing! Story of my life!!!! :mad:

Can you also check for those that have the UDP and booked this cruise months and months ago if we're 'grandfathered' in and it will be 'no charge' for us??

Thanks!

Harriet